Protege 5 CEL Codes, P1569 and P0660

br289165

:
'02 P5/2 Audi A4s
I changed plugs about a month ago to NGK iridiums. While doing the change, I disconnected the coil pack plugs and two plugs on the left front side of cam cover to wipe them out with a dry cloth and reconnected them. About 25 miles later the cel came on. I had the codes read (P0660,P1569) we cleared the codes and the cel still comes on and goes off approx. every week or so. The car runs fine. Any experts on this out there?

P1569 VTCS Circuit Low Input - Is your VTCS removed & or actuator unplugged?

P0660 Intake Manifold Tuning Valve Control Circuit/Open (Bank 1) - Again, has the VTCS or VICS been meesed with? Just unplugged or did you go with a 626 intake?

DSCN0422.jpg

The circled connectors are the ones I disconnected. It is a protege 5 manifold. Where are these VTCS,VICS located?

On the side between the cruise control & intake manifold attached to the intake mainfold. Not seeing connection between unplugging the coils & now codes for VTCS.

bringing this up again, my cel is reading P1569. i have not messed with the plug, but i have checked to see if it's tight. i can't find anything to check it or fix it. any help?

i pulled the white and green plugs for vics and vtcs and sanded the terminals then applied dielectric grease and it fixed the problem with the codes.

bringing this up again, my cel is reading P1569. i have not messed with the plug, but i have checked to see if it's tight. i can't find anything to check it or fix it. any help?

Cool, have to remember that one if ever gettin those codes. Glad that's all it was.

no s*** i was happier than s*** when i did it and it worked a year ago .see i wash the engine compt a lot i know... but i do it and will, cause it looks new, but the moisture gets in the little pluggies and corrodes the copper so i greased all the terms. i could find, great cars man thanks to the japs.

Cool, have to remember that one if ever gettin those codes. Glad that's all it was.

i guess ill try cleaning my connectors for the vcts too got the same code up and a p1512

Back