Fresh Meat! (new owner)

M

my3needsaname

What's up guys,
I just bought a 2008.5 Mazda3 Grand Touring with everything but navigation in Galaxy Gray Mica...so clean...yesterday (June 23, 2008). For a grand total of...$23,457.79 or something along those lines (we got the sticker down to $21,4...before fees)

Is that a good price? Too high, too low? What did you all pay for your mazda3 gt's? And just for kicks, what is the invoice on my car? (if someone can point me there or tell me that would be great)

Thanks all! And
I hope
my 3 turns out to be as awesomely modded as everybody else's around here! (friday)(now that's something we can drink to)

One last thing, what should I name it? I want something sexy but I'm just not sure. Help on that would be great!!
(anybody name their's???)

...maybe?

that seems like alot...

arent people getting speed3 sports for just as much?

Maybe...I'm not sure, I know that I priced down a GT speed3 to $21,000 but didn't know if a 6 speed manual would be a good choice for me so I went with the 08.5 3 GT for about teh same price...now that I think about it, crud I should've gotten the speed!! that was a great price!!

I was quoted invoice here in nashville on a 3 gt at 20,054 with the transfer fee included. So like 19404 with the s plan and no transfer fee. Hopefully that is what I am getting tommorow. That is if I can swindle the dealer. They are pretty hard nosed on getting there transfer fees and such.

I was quoted invoice here in nashville on a 3 gt at 20,054 with the transfer fee included. So like 19404 with the s plan and no transfer fee. Hopefully that is what I am getting tommorow. That is if I can swindle the dealer. They are pretty hard nosed on getting there transfer fees and such.

hmmm...so I guess I did get a pretty good price on it although $1,000 over invoice is $1,000 over invoice. There goes my new exhaust.

Be careful comparing prices over the net. Besides things like how different regions can have different rebates at various times, the cars you're comparing to can have different options, or the dealer could have nailed them with hidden fees after the price.

I just bought a Galaxy Grey GT today with the Bose/Sunroof package with an S-plan. Sounds like identical cars. I can't remember invoice(with the S-plan you can look at it), but S-plan price was about 21,600(and they can't do sneaky s*** on S-plan users..well in theory). Sounds like your deal is a good one.

Be careful comparing prices over the net. Besides things like how different regions can have different rebates at various times, the cars you're comparing to can have different options, or the dealer could have nailed them with hidden fees after the price.

I just bought a Galaxy Grey GT today with the Bose/Sunroof package with an S-plan. Sounds like identical cars. I can't remember invoice(with the S-plan you can look at it), but S-plan price was about 21,600(and they can't do sneaky s*** on S-plan users..well in theory). Sounds like your deal is a good one.

Absolutely but I paid in full up front so after all my fees were done it was something like $23,4...but we got the $23,115 sticker down to something like $21,4...or something along those lines.

I got my 08.5 Speed3 for that price..

Only thing i'll say is, I would have gotten Metropolitan Grey. Metallic flake, and being it's a new color for 08.5, that would have made an even better cause for a brand new 3.

Word to that, I have the same regret. A 3 Touring in Metropolitan Gray pulled up right off the truck as I was buying mine and I said "I want that color" but mine is just better. (GT all the way)

By the look of your taillights, you got a GT speed. Right?

Last edited:
Yeah mines a GT and I love it. My gf is buying a 3 touring Metro gray this month. We are just waiting for it to show up off the truck.

There's a difference on a sport speed3 and GT speed3 taillights? huh....

Congrats on your new 3.... That price seems about fair/good. Like someone said though, be weary about comparing prices, someone may have gotten different options from you.

Maybe it's just me because I'm a power *****, but if I had to choose for a speed3 of the same price, I believe I would have gone with the speed3. But as the saying goes... to each his own.

congrats on your ride, and hurry up with the pics (thumb)

I have a bunch of pics around here somewhere. Just look for a thread titled "Pictures!!!" or the other "Let's see some mazda3 5-doors". I'm there and as I own the car more, I buy new stuff. Like today I picked up some Mazdaspeed3 sill plates for the front doors and I'll have pics up soon. On Tuesday, I'm going in to get my windows tinted and will have pics up as soon as I get her back.

There's a difference between all Mazda 3/speed3 taillights between GT and Sport. LED's on the GT, not on the Sport.

cool I didn't know that... so the mazdaspeed3 sport has normal bulb lights and the mazdaspeed3 GT has leds? interesting, is that new for 2008 or same for 2007?

Back