Chrome Be-Gone!

Pyr0TeK

:
2001 Pro LX 2.0
So Y0sky and I decided to tear my car apart this weekend after we put his new rear endlinks on his MSP. Gave the inside some contrast, dechromed the headlamps, painted the chrome strip on the upper grill, blacked out the Mazda emblem, etc. Didn't have time to take a finished product picture as it has been storming ever since we got done. Will post that maybe tomorrow. Enjoy...

062208-01.jpg

062208-02.jpg

062208-03.jpg

062208-04.jpg

062208-05.jpg

062208-06.jpg

062208-07.jpg

062208-08.jpg

062208-09.jpg

062208-10.jpg

062208-11.jpg

...and the end result... (and yes she is dirty and the front lip will be getting resanded and painted eventually).

BlackedOut-01.jpg

BlackedOut-02.jpg

Last edited:
how bought some after pics. I need that pic for my signature too since the one I currently us is like 2 years old.

was it hard taking the headlight housing apart and having to cook it so the glue could melt?

not hard just have to be patient. Just do it at 200 degrees for 10 min. If you are having trouble put it in there for another min or so

not hard just have to be patient. Just do it at 200 degrees for 10 min. If you are having trouble put it in there for another min or so

then you can remove the chrome part from the clear part and paint the chrome part black correct, taking from the pic of the two pieces drying black?

then you can remove the chrome part from the clear part and paint the chrome part black correct, taking from the pic of the two pieces drying black?
Yes pop the chrome part out... sand it a little to rough it up, spray them, let dry... put back together. We pressed them as much as we could together but ended up baking them for 6 minutes at 200 degrees to get the goop soft again so they would go completely together and the tabs would snap back into place.

WOW! Props on the progress. Def looks alot different then when i owned her. Keep up the good work!

I dont think there has been much new. I know James replaced all sway bar end links to get rid of the suspension rattles and put a silencer in the muffler. Other than that I don't think there has been any updates on the car.

Oh ok, I wonder how it sounds with the silencer. I guess it was a bit loud? LOL I just got use to it.

Back