Enable Gas Mileage Hax???

rjs_speed3

:
MazdaSpeed3
Hey guys, I'm sorry if this is another repost, but...

I just took my car (07speed3) to the dealership recently to get a new cd player, and when i got it back, the gas mileage setting was disabled... :(

I remember someone performed the hack to unlock the gas settings a looong time ago on my car, and unfortunately i dont remember what he taught me by heart... i held down "set" "sat" "cd", and nothing happened... i dont even know if i'm even doing it right... lol! so i was wondering if someone could tell me how to do it or even post a link on how to do it... PLEASE...

Thank you very much in advanced!!
-RJ

i found it.. you owe me

"I found this on another forum. I tried it in my MS3 sport and it worked! This unlocks the trip computer on non GT 3 models, I don't know how it works on non speed 3's or other Mazdas. I copied and pasted what I found below:

GT models come with trip computers. But it appears that owners of 2006+ non-GT models can unlock their trip computers. This seems safe, but I can't guarantee it. So proceed at your own risk.

The info comes from Andres (deco79) on m**************** (http://**********************/index....pic=67707.150). Scan down to a post by deco79. It appears that everyone with 2006 and 2007 models that's tried it since yesterday's post has gotten it to work. Here's the simple procedure than was posted. It's been refined a bit in later posts.

- Before you start the engine, hold the CD and AM/FM buttons.
- Start the engine (keep holding the CD and AM/FM buttons).
- After a few seconds, you should see the display read "DIS ON" (driver information system)
- Stop the engine.
- Start the engine again.
- Touch the SET button to see the trip computer.
- Touch the TIME button to see the time.

Your owner’s manual explains how to use the trip computer. With the ignition switch ON, press the SET button (manual says INFO button) to cycle through these 4 options.

- CONSUM CUR: Current fuel economy (calculated every 2 seconds)
- CONSUM AV: Average fuel economy (since battery was connected or resetting the trip computer, displayed every minute, to clear: hold SET for 1+ seconds until the display clears)
- REMNG: Distance you can travel on remaining fuel (must add more than 5.3 gallons to reset it)
- AV: Average vehicle speed (displayed every 10 seconds, to clear: hold SET for 1+ seconds until display clears)

Totally cool, this was one of the features I was bummed about not having on my MS3"

Don't worry, the mpg readouts aren't accurate anyway, so you're not missing much. They're always roughly 2mpg optomistic for me.

i found it.. you owe me

"I found this on another forum. I tried it in my MS3 sport and it worked! This unlocks the trip computer on non GT 3 models, I don't know how it works on non speed 3's or other Mazdas. I copied and pasted what I found below:

GT models come with trip computers. But it appears that owners of 2006+ non-GT models can unlock their trip computers. This seems safe, but I can't guarantee it. So proceed at your own risk.

The info comes from Andres (deco79) on m**************** (http://**********************/index....pic=67707.150). Scan down to a post by deco79. It appears that everyone with 2006 and 2007 models that's tried it since yesterday's post has gotten it to work. Here's the simple procedure than was posted. It's been refined a bit in later posts.

- After a few seconds, you should see the display read "DIS ON" (driver information system)
- Stop the engine.

Your owners manual explains how to use the trip computer. With the ignition switch ON, press the SET button (manual says INFO button) to cycle through these 4 options.

- CONSUM AV: Average fuel economy (since battery was connected or resetting the trip computer, displayed every minute, to clear: hold SET for 1+ seconds until the display clears)
- REMNG: Distance you can travel on remaining fuel (must add more than 5.3 gallons to reset it)
- AV: Average vehicle speed (displayed every 10 seconds, to clear: hold SET for 1+ seconds until display clears)

Totally cool, this was one of the features I was bummed about not having on my MS3"

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!! I OWE YOU!! :)

this should be in the "HOW-TO" section...

Last edited:
this didnt work on my 08 speed3 :(

Either they updated the radio with a different version (that had the feature disabled already) or they deliberately disabled it for the '08s. Anyway, like someone already mentioned, you're not missing anything major as it's usually optimistic by a couple mpgs anyway.

Like FrequentFlyer said, my avg mpg is 2 mpg higher than what I calculate at the pump. I still watch it constantly, probably since gas it so expensive now and I try to get good mpg. Until someone wants to play....

It's still a good tool for gas saving even if it's not very accurate. Sometimes I'll leave it on avg. mpg and see how high i can get the number...but it is annoying having to switch between that and the clock

i found it.. you owe me

- Stop the engine.

Your owners manual explains how to use the trip computer. With the ignition switch ON, press the SET button (manual says INFO button) to cycle through these 4 options.

too bad this site is whack and blocks all the outside links LOL

Back