LOST KEY...Where to buy and how to program?

MAX1242

:
2008 CX-7
I lost one key to the set on a CX-7. Has anyone purchased one from eBay and if so who would you recommend that sells a key? I went to the dealer the other day and they stated that it was going to cost just over $300. Any helpful insight would be much appreciated. I also would like to know if anyone has the instructions like the one posted for the P5 key on the Mazda 5 side.

Thanks
MAX

300 is way high i lost mine and got it from the dealer $185CAD ready to go.

Check several another dealers (yellow pages?). You also can have locksmith make a key that will open the doors, but will not allow you to start the car.

get the fcc id off the back of the other one, then look on ebay for a blank with matching fcc id.

Keys found! After purchase of replacement!

Ok, I forked over the $ for the extra key and had it programmed. Now I found the lost key and would like to have it programmed without the dealer. I am searching for instructions.

Thx
MAX

both of my fob keys dont work whatsoever. is there any way around programming it with out a dealership? i saw they 6 fob key instructions but im hopping that its a bit dif for the cx7. i just bought a used fob key and im trying to figure out how to program it

both of my fob keys dont work whatsoever. is there any way around programming it with out a dealership? i saw they 6 fob key instructions but im hopping that its a bit dif for the cx7. i just bought a used fob key and im trying to figure out how to program it
Are you still under warranty? If so, have the dealer replace them. I have had both of my smart keys replaced in the time we have owned the car. The first one went out around the 1 year mark and the 2nd one went out about 2 year mark. Both were replaced under warranty.

I hope this isn't a trend to come since I would rather not pay $300 for the smart keys. Plus, I don't think there is a way that you can program them without the computer that connects back to Mazda.

im sure there is a way to program. i found a site that sells the smart keys for my tech package used. for pretty cheap too. it should of came with instructions but they messed up on putting it in the order. just got it friday so ill be calling today. i just dont feel like paying $100 @ my dealership because all they say is they dont guarantee it to work and they will still charge me $100 for even trying?? wtf?? my warranty was over last year :( im at about 46,000 miles by now. i really am disappointed with mazdas low warranties. why so hard to give us about 50,000 to 100,000?

One of my remotes started going bad and all it took to repair was to bend the battery contacts, especially the one on the thin side of the battery

im sure there is a way to program. i found a site that sells the smart keys for my tech package used. for pretty cheap too. it should of came with instructions but they messed up on putting it in the order. just got it friday so ill be calling today. i just dont feel like paying $100 @ my dealership because all they say is they dont guarantee it to work and they will still charge me $100 for even trying?? wtf?? my warranty was over last year :( im at about 46,000 miles by now. i really am disappointed with mazdas low warranties. why so hard to give us about 50,000 to 100,000?

In order to program a remote you need 2 working remotes, otherwise you need a special module that the dealer uses

lost key

HELP........

Also lost one of the smart keys to my car too, now I only have a remote without a key in it.....any suggestions ??

Thnks

Dealer only item...

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread but for those of you brought here by google (like me) it might help to know that 'automotive locksmiths' might also be able to add a new key. I lost my only key for a '04 RX8 over the weekend and a locksmith was able to connect a Key Pro M8 key programmer up to my OBD port and add a new key in a snap. Better than having to tow the car to the dealer and them telling you they must change the ECU and Immobilizer or charging an arm and leg to cut and program the key.

Hello, im lost the key for mazda 2 2009.
Im buy one used key.
The instruccions work in mazda 2 ?
Sorry my english.
Thks

Hello
I just buy a cx-7, 2008, used, with only one smartkey. The vin number is JM3ER293X80208782. I need another smartkey transmiter and a key.

Back