P2188

SwampAss

:
2007 Mazdaspeed3
I searched the threads for the above DTC and found it's a "too rich at idle" code. I threw a CEL after installing my CP-E CAI. Like a doofus, I never took the negative lead off the battery when I changed my MS CAI over to the CP-E one. I knew how it went on and didn't need no danged instructions.

It's showing 14 flat to 14.3 at idle. It occasionally went to 14.7. I cleared the code and took the negative lead off my battery for 10 minutes. Who's wagering I fixed it?

FWIW, the car pulls hard for being 100F out.

the code will return. adding a cai on the ms3 changes the flow of the air passing the maf and messes up the readings. It causes more turbulance of the air than the stock intake, that's why you get that code.

the code will return. adding a cai on the ms3 changes the flow of the air passing the maf and messes up the readings. It causes more turbulance of the air than the stock intake, that's why you get that code.

My other CAI has been on for 22,000 miles and never threw a code.

this is the reason mazda stopped the production of the ms cai, alot of cars were coming in with that same code and the only thing to stop it from coming back is to put the stock intake back on.

I've been on this forum since the MS3 came out. I've never seen anything in regard to what you're talking about.

it hovers around 13.0-13.8. I drove my normal 40 minute commute this am and it still settles in the 13s. But, if I sit for about 10-20 seconds, it adjusts back up to 14.7. No CEL

it hovers around 13.0-13.8. I drove my normal 40 minute commute this am and it still settles in the 13s. But, if I sit for about 10-20 seconds, it adjusts back up to 14.7. No CEL

I had this problem too it only di it twice but cleared itself both times. Mine seems to do it only when the car sits at idle for like 10 mins or more.
Both times the CEL was on the car ran like a beast though.

There shouldnt be a problem with CP-E CAI... they designed the maf housing to not trow code. I installed mine a month ago and no cel. (save that gas cap code) Many user have it for a long time and it seem no one is getting DTC with it.

Maybe swamp its just that your car dont like you? Be gentle with her, talk to her. (hippy)

the car runs great. It compliments the standback nicely. It seems to pull a bit cleaner down low than the MS CAI. I could be imagining it too.

There shouldnt be a problem with CP-E CAI... they designed the maf housing to not trow code. I installed mine a month ago and no cel. (save that gas cap code) Many user have it for a long time and it seem no one is getting DTC with it.

CPE good, no codes since install a year and a half ago. MSP #167 confused. CPE not equal MS-CAI. MS-CAI bad. If code return, Swampass bad. Not following instructions in some other way.

Back