How I increased my mpg ?

dd123

:
Mazda protege-5 2002
Guys,

Just an FYI for all of you .

I was getting 21.33 mpg on my protege5-2002 for stop and go very short commute ~2 miles which is not bad I think
But then:

I added LUcas Feul Treatment to my full gas tank and yestereday it went to gas station again, I measured my mpg and it was 26.75 mpg.

So, basically, my mpg jumped from 21.33 to 26.75 just by using Lucas, no change in driving habits/commute.

I would keep updating this thread!!!!!!!

I was about to post up in the speed forum (and probably will anyway) but I've been use to between 21 and 22 mpg for a few thousand miles, and then today with NO CHANGE in driving style, I got 26.8 mpg calulated (yes, the right way) when I filled up...... wtf?

I've only been getting 93 at the exact same BP station since my first fill-up and everyone since.... except one tank, but it was out of town and still 93 from a BP. I've been into cars for a while but never heard of a summer vs winter fuel mix. ::scratches head::

It might be worthwhile to spend 5 minutes and go inside the statio nand ask them if something changed. IF you use teh same place every time, tehy probably know you.

Most places switched gas awhile ago, it's June now.

Plus (I don't knwo where you live) not all of the US actually changes gas. They don't here in most of NC.

It might be worthwhile to spend 5 minutes and go inside the statio nand ask them if something changed. IF you use teh same place every time, tehy probably know you.

Most places switched gas awhile ago, it's June now.

Plus (I don't knwo where you live) not all of the US actually changes gas. They don't here in most of NC.

Thanks

I am in San Diego Ca, so i don't think they change gas for summer/winter.
I would ask the gas station though..
Any one for SoCal who knows if they change the gas for summer....

Often they do, but the change isn't usually that drastic.
Like i said, a lot of times the change you experience is the change from a dirty engine in need of upkeep and one that has just received a little freshening.

If your car was in tip top shape with clean injectors, no carbon buildup, new plugs, new wires, new oil, new filters etc then the changes from the addition of a simple fluid may be more significant. In this case your mileage seemed to be very low to begin with, possibly something needed cleaning and that was accomplished by the additive.

Often they do, but the change isn't usually that drastic.
Like i said, a lot of times the change you experience is the change from a dirty engine in need of upkeep and one that has just received a little freshening.

If your car was in tip top shape with clean injectors, no carbon buildup, new plugs, new wires, new oil, new filters etc then the changes from the addition of a simple fluid may be more significant. In this case your mileage seemed to be very low to begin with, possibly something needed cleaning and that was accomplished by the additive.

Thanks

Is it recommended to keep it using to keep up the increased mpg ? Or if I stop using it, the mpg would go down ?

You can test that fairly easily now can't you? ;)

You'll be driving inconsistent mileage because it's a real world test and some days are better than others. Heat, wind, rain, traffic etc all affect it for a +/- %. Just do what you think best and enjoy the drive.

Thanks

Is it recommended to keep it using to keep up the increased mpg ? Or if I stop using it, the mpg would go down ?

For the most part no, you mileage should not go down right away. It takes awhile to build up on the injectors.

I use Seafoam in my gas tank every 3000 miles.

For the most part no, you mileage should not go down right away. It takes awhile to build up on the injectors.

I use Seafoam in my gas tank every 3000 miles.

Thanks,
Never used seafoam in my car but this is in my to-do list.
What improvements you saw after you first used the seafoam on your car ?

Well i drive a Mp3 but after i seafoamed my engine i was getting 33.6 mpg. Thats from the 29 to 30 i used to get. And i dont drive like a grandma haha.

Guys,

Just an FYI for all of you .

I was getting 21.33 mpg on my protege5-2002 for stop and go very short commute ~2 miles which is not bad I think
But then:

I added LUcas Feul Treatment to my full gas tank and yestereday it went to gas station again, I measured my mpg and it was 26.75 mpg.

So, basically, my mpg jumped from 21.33 to 26.75 just by using Lucas, no change in driving habits/commute.

I would keep updating this thread!!!!!!!

Uhm, i assume you mean fuel treatment.

x2 for the cleaning benefit.

I've only been getting 93 at the exact same BP station since my first fill-up and everyone since.... except one tank, but it was out of town and still 93 from a BP. I've been into cars for a while but never heard of a summer vs winter fuel mix. ::scratches head::

Quit wasting your money on 93 octane. The only benefit for premium fuel is making the oil company richer! It is widely known that there is summer fuel formulation for pollution reasons. Funny how it costs more and is introduced every year when driving peaks. Hmm...

I've been averaging 25mpg on 100% city driving. It's decent, but I'm trying to up that by changing my driving habits for this tank of gas. I'm being very conservative with the right pedal. I also try to lay off the gas further away from a stoplight or stop sign (out of gear and coasting). However, I'm very consciencious (sp?) about drivers behind me and not doing this when people are around me. My hope is to pick up 2-3 mpg. We'll see.

Back