Flat Black or Gloss Black Emblems

UHATEIT

:
2008 Mazdaspeed3 Sunlight Silver
I have a 2008 Sunlight silver and am in the market to paint the front and rear emblems. Should I go gloss black or flat black? Anyone have pics of their's on a silver car for me to check out?

neon black ;)

i would say flat but you're probably not going to appreciate the difference between gloss and matte (flat) finish until you can compare them both for yourself by actually putting them against the paint of your silver.

maybe you could make 2 same-size cardboard emblems, paint one gloss and one flat, and then hold them over the actual emblems, stand back, and judge for yourself

gloss black would like nice on a silver ms3. I wanna do mine

Painted Emblems

How be you split the difference and go semi-gloss, satin black ? (dunno)

Flat black with a couple of coats of clear....makes it match the black trim almost perfect...

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

i used duplicolor semi gloss black w/ no clear on mine and it's perfect. it looks just like cookie's.

since the car is silver, the chrome doesn't look too bad on it. If there is ANY car color that chrom emblems look okay on, it would probably be silver. Any downsides to just leaving it?

If I was to paint the front emblem I would want the grill too black, unfortunately it doesn't come off!

yeah, someone's done it before, it looks great. black grille, black emblems, black around the fogs. nice! :)

yeah, someone's done it before, it looks great. black grille, black emblems, black around the fogs. nice! :)

I'd like to see a silver one with all of those! Pics would be awesome to help in the decision. I jyst know taking off the badging and then reapplying sometimes desnt work well once the tape comes off.

Semi gloss is the way to go IMO.

+1

right now, i just have black M's and smoked side markers... my wheels are going to be painted in a few weeks, semi-gloss black. i'm thinking about doing the grille and fog lights. what got me thinking about the fog lights was the fact that a boulder hit the spot right above the light. so i though if i painted it, it would be unique and cover up the flaw. :)

+1

right now, i just have black M's and smoked side markers... my wheels are going to be painted in a few weeks, semi-gloss black. i'm thinking about doing the grille and fog lights. what got me thinking about the fog lights was the fact that a boulder hit the spot right above the light. so i though if i painted it, it would be unique and cover up the flaw. :)

i read your profile and see you have a sunlight silver. Post pics when your emblems n all that are done. I'd really like to see it for comparison!

i read your profile and see you have a sunlight silver. Post pics when your emblems n all that are done. I'd really like to see it for comparison!

no prob man. i'll take some pics tomorrow as it is now too. my car is suuper dirty right now though.

Back