Prima Nero Interior dressing initial review

Rally Ninja

:
MSP
Nero.jpg

"Prima Nero (Interior Plastic Dressing)
Prima Nero is a water-based vinyl and rubber protectant for both interior and exterior surfaces."
The appeal of Nero is its finish: it’s a concours-look with a matte silkiness on vinyl dashes and plastic trim. Nero leaves tires with a look of newness, adding almost no gloss. If you are looking for the glazed donut shine, Prima Nero is not for you.

UV inhibitors help defend against sun damage. Prima Nero is detergent resistant for excellent durability.

First off, my personal preference for interior dressing/protection is non matte looking finish. I like a very little gloss/shine.

What I have used in the past:
Jeff Werkstatt Satin Prot (current favorite)
Vinylex
Detailers pride interior protection (matte finish =( and horrid smell it makes me want to gag and puke)

I wanted to try something new because the only thing I don't like about Satin Prot is that for the protege dash only, I had to buff the dressing off 10min after I applied the dressing. It is wierd cause everything else plastic on the protege was Wipe On and forget it. The protege dash seems to make dressing dryer in certain areas, while other places are wetter looking. Its kinda like blotchy everywhere.

Initial Thoughts:
Its 3am and I am detailing my car. (I am a wierdo)
It smells of banana! Not great a smell but not offensive. I smelled the dash after the product dried and it doesn't leave any smell LOL.

Applying: It comes with a sprayer that sprays in a stream or wide spray. I used a small foam applicator to apply Nero to the dash. The wide spray setting doesn't fan out well enough, I have to have the foam pad further out or else its like a stream of dressing drenching the pad.

The product spreads across the dash easy enough, it is water based and isn't greasy or anything. Over sprayed some on the window and it was easy to get off with a MF towel.

Look: Right after putting the product on it is initially wet and glossy looking. It drys off a lot less glossy though. After buffing off the product which the product calls for 15min afterwards(I waited 5min) It left the dash with a bit more shine than Satin Prot. It may change after it has settled in after a few hours?

The dash does look clean and fresh. The shine is not enough to make it look like el cheapo shiny plasticy like a lot of products do.

OVERALL IMPRESSION:
Its pretty much like satin prot with a scent. It retails for ~$13. Cheapest place I could find it was at showcardetailing.com for ~$7. So its cheaper than satin prot ($13)

The looks is a little more than Satin Prot but is not overly glossy. I still don't like having to buff after 15min (10min wait with SP). This may end up being my go-to dressing because its half the price of SP. I will check back later today to see if the dash looks any different.

UPDATE : Looks like it has a lot less gloss now. Toned down a lot and is just the right amount of silky sheen to it. BUT YOU DO need to buff it off or else it oily shiny looking in direct sunlight

Last edited:
Back