RFH -> Mazda5 -> Rear-view mirror -> Removal

themagni

:
2007 Mazda 5 GT
Hi everyone.

How can I remove the interior rear-view mirror from a 2007 Mazda5?

The one that comes with the car isn't adjustable enough, and the mirror creates a large blind spot when I'm driving. I want it up another inch or so, but it doesn't go any higher. The seat doesn't go any lower, thank you. ;)

I'd like to replace it with a mirror similar to the one in the 08 model with the fully adjustable arm. I don't want to remove the mounting bracket if at all possible.

On a side note, why doesn't this come up more often? I'm not unusually tall or anything (5'11")

Last edited:
So the next question is: are the '07 and 08 mounts compatible?

Cuz, I'd like to upgrade my plain ol' '07 mirror, for a fancy auto dimming, compass, and temp '08 one

Last edited:
It's easy to remove. There is a little tab there that you push or pull on and it slides right off.

Ah, found it. There's a little slot at the very bottom / front, and you have basically lie upside down on the dashboard to get to it. For the sake of your windshield, tape a piece of cardstock to the area right next to the tab slot. (Years ago, I was an optician. The rule is / was "no tools next to lenses." Another of those, "you probably won't, but eventually will" things.)

Insert a plastic screwdriver into the slot, push, and twist. It'll open the housing. Use a very light touch here. Nothing is glued.

Then the mirror can be removed by sliding it towards the roof. It may require a little more effort, but again, is not glued into place. Replace with a suitable mirror.

Thank you!

So the next question is: are the '07 and 08 mounts compatible?

Cuz, I'd like to upgrade my plain ol' '07 mirror, for a fancy auto dimming, compass, and temp '08 one

Yes, the `08 mirror will fit an `07 Mazda5. I replaced mine this weekend.

It's an amazing increase in visibility. Well worth the $40.

2006 Mazda 5 Rear View Mirror

My 2006 Mazda 5 rear view mirror has a huge blind spot.

- Do you know if `08 mirror will fit an `06 Mazda5?

- Is the Auto Dimming replacement mirror available for 2006 Mazda 5 any larger than the original mirror?

- Any other suggested solution ?

I'll appreciate a respose.

Off of MazdaStuff

2006 = Mazda part number 0000-8C-Z01 mirror, 0000-8C-L01 installation kit.

2007-08 = Mazda part number 0000-8C-Z01 mirror, 0000-8C-L01 installation kit.

LOL, thanks for the enlightenment guys. I just realized that THERE is a difference in the length of the rear mirrors between the 06-7 and the 08. The 06 is around 8.5" and the 08 one is around 9.5" (freak)

wow! $40?! Where did you get that? I cracked my passenger mirror and would like to replace it, but Mazda OE mirrors are $80-$100!

Can you get me one for $40??
Or can I purchase your old one off you (assuming you replaced a working one)?

::bump::

Anyone know where I can get an OEM mirror for $40 like the poster in this thread? Or, anyone have one they replaced and wouldn't mind selling to me?

Dishe, I believe that the OP was refering to an interior rear view mirror. I think you are on the hunt for an exterior mirror, right?

Dishe, I believe that the OP was refering to an interior rear view mirror. I think you are on the hunt for an exterior mirror, right?

::embarassed::
you are correct. Just read this over and realized how foolish I was. This is clearly NOT talking about the door mirror. Sorry!

Where did you get the rear view mirror for $40? I see the installation kit 0000-8C-L01 for $40+ and the mirror 0000-8C-Z01 for $125+.

I have an 09 interior mirror thats not doing anything these days. No electronics in it but I dont need it since I put the LCD auto dimming mirror in. I just yanked it off when I got the new one, I didn't read about the screwdriver and it came off easy enough lol. If you want it, let me know.

Back