Front passenger side rattling/clunk

Wingman21

I have a sound coming from my right front wheel area, but just not sure what it is. Its happening everytime I hit a bump on the road and it seems to be worse at low speed. Im guessing its my suspension, but do you guys have any others thoughts?

Thanks

here's a weird possible cause that happened to me.
i had the lug nut key, which I must of set down on the carpet in back, get beneath the carpeting under the passenger seat through the floor vent hole in the carpet. every time i accelerated it clunked as it rolled back and vice versa.
i swore the sound was coming from outside the car and I won't admit how long it took me to discover this, but let's just say I now have 2 lug nut keys!

good luck

out

I would inspect the swaybar end links jacking the entire front end (one jack on each side + jack stands for safety). My driver side swaybar link was rock solid while on the ground, but it was pretty loose when both wheels were off the ground. Fixed my problem with AWR end links and new swaybar bushing. Good luck!

I would inspect the swaybar end links jacking the entire front end (one jack on each side + jack stands for safety). My driver side swaybar link was rock solid while on the ground, but it was pretty loose when both wheels were off the ground. Fixed my problem with AWR end links and new swaybar bushing. Good luck!

I'll try that... thanks!

Ill let you guys know!

Know what I found? 2 Loose nuts that hold the hood to the hinges. That was what was causing the rattling sound. You could look for those.

Did you find what was causing this? I have the exact same sounds. I know my bushing probably need replacing but my endlinks are pretty new.

It was a loose endlink. Even with the car jacked I could not even hear it when I was grabbing it hard, but after changing it the noise went away!

From what I read it is pretty much always a broken endlink when you hear a sound coming from that area.

I'm really leaning towards getting rid of the car. I mean, changing endlinks every 6 months to a year is ridiculous. I just changed my fronts in October and they are already noisy.

Back