sound dampener mats reduce exhuast noise in cabin?

PakmanMP5

Its Just a Family Wagon
:
2008 Mazdaspeed3 Silver
Any suggestions on how much of sound dampener I need to get to line the whole trunk bed of my p5??? and what kind of brand is the cheapest because I heard dynomat is really expensive....any info would be great...thanks....

(stupid) Rick is awesome, great products.
And if you end up going the cheapest route, then it would be pointless to get anything. If your exhaust is to loud, then get a quieter exhaust..

I don't know the exact square footage of just the trunk...but you could get a tape measure and guestimate...You'lll want 2-3 layers of the Ensolite foam, this will kill the noise...the Rammatt basically kills rattles...So 1-2 layers of rammatt and 2-3 layers of ensolite and you'll be much quieter...and be excessive on the wheel wells...that's were 90% of the road noise comes in...

I know of a couple people who have ordered the Dynamat off of Amazon.com, they sell it for $115 shipped...retail is $285 I think...that is the way I am going when I decide to do mine...and that is supposed to be enough to do all four doors/ceiling/and most of the rear...

RAAMmat is still cheaper than Dynamat at Amazon's price. For $115 shipped you get 36 sq. ft. of Dynamat Extreme (Bulk Pack). For $120 shipped you get 62 sq. ft. of RAAMmat.

funk that, I paid $1 a foot for Edead. I bought 20 something feet, did the rear, and parts of the hatch and i still have leftovers. for awhile I had some old carpet mat underneath the cargo tray, but it just got in the way.

funk that, I paid $1 a foot for Edead. I bought 20 something feet, did the rear, and parts of the hatch and i still have leftovers. for awhile I had some old carpet mat underneath the cargo tray, but it just got in the way.

was it effective ?

Back