My 1994 Mazda 626

shyndashu

Hey guys this is my 1994 Mazda 626 LX-V6 and a manual. I got the car about 2 years ago from a guy in PA. I'm trying to turn this car into a project and do something different than most people see. My plans are to turbo the car, fab a widebody, and ice the thing out more than any other 626 ever seen.

I have not installed anything yet because I'm saving it all to put it on at once. Here's some pics followed by a parts list of what I'm planning and what I currently have. I've been on the forums a while just looking, but I spend most of my time on mazda626.net, mx6.com, and probetalk.com seaching for the next step in my direction for a show winner.

62601yh2.jpg

*A ton of rust to work out, but I'll be dropping new engine/transmission in. At the same time I'll be doing paint/body and working out the rust, mounting intercooler, etc.
dynodayandbobameet10200gu9.jpg

projectors02zr1.jpg

Here's a link to my team's site so you can check out my friends as well: http://www.zerotype.org/JH/1crew.htm

A little bit about myself:

I'm 21 years old and live out of Jacksonville, FL. My team's name is Zerotype and we've been around for quite a while now. I'm the underdog of the team with the not-so-flashiest of the cars, but I hold my own with my project. I'm considered one of the mechanics and the wiring man for car audio and electronics. I have an obsession with Rockford Fosgate sound and a speed passion for Turbonetics. My team helps promote the local boba meets that's hosted about every other month. One of our team's members works at boba so we get the heads up on the competition. Here's a few pics of our first boba meet:

13.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

I look forward to being more active in the forums. I'll keep you updated with everything I do.

Here's that parts list I promised (I currently have all of these so far):

Wheels/suspension
*Tokico 5-Way Adjustable Struts
*Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
*KYB Strut Mounts
*Custom front strut bar
*OEM Mazda 6 17" Wheels w/ Kumho Ecsta Tires

Performance
*2.5" Exhaust w/ Magnaflow Dual-Tip Muffler
*HotShot CAI w/ K&N Filter
*B&M Short Throw Shifter
*Fidanza 9 lb Flywheel
*SPEC 6-Puck Clutch
*Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator w/ Autometer Gauge
*Steel Braided Fuel Lines and Vacuum Lines / Anodized Fittings
*Millenia S 280cc Fuel Injectors w/ Fuel Rail
*Turbo Manifold for T3/T4 (mx6 turbo apps)
*Turbonetics Raptor BOV
*Turbonetics Evolution Wastegate
*Turbonetics T3/T4 .63 a/r Turbo
*Intercooler w/ specs 24x12x3
*Megasquirt standalone custom wired to ECU

Exterior
*JDM Projector Headlights
*Buddy Club 1 Body Kit

Interior/ICE

*Power Akoustic 7" LCD
*Playstation 2
*Rockford Fosgate Headunit
*Rockford Fosgate 2x - 12" P2 Subwoofers
-To be replaced with 2x 12" P3 2ohm Subs (newer punch series)
*Rockford Fosgate 900watt amp
-To be replaced with 2x 900 watts (newer punch series)
*Rockford Fosgate 1 Farad Capacitor
*Rockford Fosgate RCA, 1 awg, and 8 awg wiring
*Autometer Boost, Shortband A/F, and EGT Gauges
*MSD Lazer Gauges -Boost/EGT, Wideband A/F, Oil Pressure, Water Temp
*Mazda 6 Shift Knob

Ok it's late. Time to sleep for work. If you guys want more pics, I'll be glad to post more. Imageshack has such a low bandwidth and will probably run the pics I have out soon with how many members there are here. If anybody knows a nice bandwidth free picture hosting then holler at me.

Last edited:
looks like u have some work ahead of u, but i can't wait to see it finished. those jspec headlights are sweet !!! you'll like the tokico/eibach setup, i have that right now and it's perfect for street and some occasional spirited driving/autoX. are u planning any changes to the interior trim (seats, recolor panels, etc.) ?

Yeah I'm gonna -tryyy- converting the interior to a black/silver. The rear deck I'm converting the 6x8 to 6x9 and fiberglassing. My friend used to work at a body shop here before it closed and helps a lot with the fiberglassing. The buddy club 1 kit, I'm also fabbing to make less agressive on the vents (keeping intercooler hole though) and make it clean like the mazdaspeed bumper with some 07 model fogs. The eibachs/tokico setup I like the look so far, but I reallyyy wanna get a set of D2 Coilovers from europe but at 800 bucks compared to the 500 bucks i spent on the struts/springs I couldn't pass up. This isn't going to be some super auto-x car with the system in the back, maybe occasional drag. But back to the topic at hand for interior: Yes I'll be changing it eventually. Dash, rear deck, door panels, and center console will eventually be fiberglassed and painted. The MSD gauges I'll be molding into the top of the dash and they'll sit right above the gauge cluster. Headliners going black suede. Front seats will be changed to buckets, rear seats cover will either be dyed black or upholstered in black leather. Carpet on bottom will be ripped out and replaced with black and the sound deadening mat will all be replaced with deadskin (rockford fosgate dynomat if you didnt know). One of my biggest problems is the part of the dash with all the buttons and stuff... it's so flimsy and close to the other edges of other things, if I add just a bit of fiberglass, it'll have fitment issues. I'll see once I start dismantling the car.

Back