Mazda5 Tires: Issues & Replacement Recommendations

I’m not endorsing that Kumho’s are bad and would readily buy them again. I did buy a set of 4X and now a set of PA31 after this fact but the Platinum LX’s that came with the car (in very good shape) developed a huge bubble –while I was away on vacation no less. Note: Pothole dogging is a sport :D

Hate potholes... our section of freeway has been under construction for over a year now, and they put the mahole covers up 5-6 inches above the road surface. The 5 BARELY clears (scrapes) going over, and there's no way in hell the S2000 would clear it at all.

Pothole dodging in PA is more than a sport, it's a way of life. Especially after a terrible winter like this.

My 08 GT is on it's second set of Cooper Zeon RS-3A. They also make an RS3-S for summer only. I find that the Coopers are decent tires all the way around in terms of price, grip,response and comfort (noise and ride). Most dealers sell them for around $100-110 a tire. I don't use them in snow though, I use 16 inch steelies and snow tires then.

Back