NAVTEQ? Need software update!

Speed3Cub

:
MS3 GT Silver, 95GTIVR6
Dose anyone know if there is any software updates for the OEM NAV systems sold in Speed3's, I have an 07speed.. and when i use the navigation system.. not able to locate stores like home depot, costco.... think the maps need updating but don't know where to get updates from. The parts department and service rep at a local dealership out here in AZ.. said they have no idea on how to get updates for the system... any help is appreciated. TIA
(ugh)

My understanding here of the navteq updates as follows; All models 2005 and earlier have not received any map updates because nippondenso is the original manufacturer of the units, and they currently have not renewed their relationship with navteq to update these devices. That puts Mazda as odd man out, and not able to offer updates of any kind. Once the problems between nippondenso and navteq are solved, you might see updates. Don't hold your breath unfortunately.

Hopefully this was more informative than the blank stares you will receive at the service department.

here is an idea to run by someone who is determined to get this puppy working. Many nav systems are and have been hacked for map updates etc.. Navteq is a common known system, While the mazda version maybe not so well. The map disc has startup and registration information. If you were good at this stuff and had access to both the original disc, and a copy of the updated navteq maps you could make your own new burned disc that contained the right startup registry entries along with the new map files and make your own map update :)

here is an idea to run by someone who is determined to get this puppy working. Many nav systems are and have been hacked for map updates etc.. Navteq is a common known system, While the mazda version maybe not so well. The map disc has startup and registration information. If you were good at this stuff and had access to both the original disc, and a copy of the updated navteq maps you could make your own new burned disc that contained the right startup registry entries along with the new map files and make your own map update :)

Anyone have an image of an updated version?

I just wonder what version of software are dealerships giving there customer when they buy an 08 model year car..i mean I'm pretty sure the customer is unaware that they are paying 1800$ for the nav system that is at least a yr if not older behind updates and there is no plans that the dealership is aware of for giving the existing customers updates for their systems.

Well, I think the 2006 - 2008 cars nav systems are made by a different vendor, so the map problem shouldn't apply to them, hopefully :)

These are the reasons I skipped out on the factory nav and got a standalone gps nav for $199 instead of shaky supported factory nav @ triple the price, if not more.

Just called NAVTEQand there response was, "They NO longer distribute software updates for MAZDA corporation"(pissed)

Back