Mazda5 Spare

dann & misti

:
Mazda Mazda5
anyone had to use their spare yet? Mine is bright yellow, very embarrassing. My 4-year-old came out of preschool on Friday after I had put the spare on, laughing and saying funny wheel, funny wheel. Here's a pic. too funny not to share.

Attachments

• funny wheel.jpg
    funny wheel.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 2,383
I saw one just over the weekend and it was yellow,,, i didn't look yet, but i think it'll be yellow as well......... i see a can of Krylon in my future, either for the 'happy face' motif or all black.

thats awesome - for future reference, you might want to NOT have the spare on the front. because its a drive wheel, you run the risk of damaging your tranny or the spare.

I think the spare is only supposed to be used for 50 miles or less...... I see people all the time riding around on their spare....... guys with their call all blinged out, music pumping and got that spare on............

Yes, the yellow rim looks funny.......

So it's agreed then?

Smiley faces on our Spares?

I have to think that the yellow color is to draw attention to the fact that it is a spare. Perhaps it is to shame you into getting a replacement/fix sooner?

If nothing else, everyone use this as an excuse to check the pressure in your spare. It's often neglected, and there is nothing worse that replacing a flat with a flatter spare!

And to add insult to injury the spare tire well is too shallow to accept a full size spare tire, I know this because I tried. Which I suppose explains the retarded little tie downs and instructions on what to do with your flat tire. I think I'm going to stencil on mine "Too broke for a new tire so eat my shorts!"

Is it to comply with traffic regulation (in certain countries)?
This way so police knows you should be over 50+ MPH.

Lord I hope not! I have personally driven on the dinky at 75! P.S. do NOT try this at home kids it is VERY dangerous. I really think it is to shame you into getting the tire repaired. When I was in South Carolina visiting my sister two years ago I saw a Cavalier on a dinky that had a CHROME HUBCAP fer chrissakes!

Spare tire specifications?

hi everyone,
I am looking for a spare tire for my 2008 Mazda5 and I haven't much luck locating one as of yet. I wouldn't mind showing the really bright yellow if I had to. :)

Does anyone know if the spare is the same from newer models M3, Protege5, or MX5s?

thanks in advance,
michael

anyone had to use their spare yet? Mine is bright yellow, very embarrassing. My 4-year-old came out of preschool on Friday after I had put the spare on, laughing and saying funny wheel, funny wheel. Here's a pic. too funny not to share.
I kind of liked the yellow, was joking to my wife that I was going to buy three more (I had a flat after 600 miles on the Mazda5 - took about a week to get it fixed since I was literally the first person to order this tire through the Discount Tire chain (Yokohama 205/50R17, took a couple days for corporate to come up with a price)).

Anyway, just wanted to mention that if you have a flat on a front tire, you are supposed to move a rear tire to the front then put the donut on the rear (per the owner's manual).

As far as the replacement spare goes, good question. How much is the dealer wanting for a new spare tire with rim?

Anyway, just wanted to mention that if you have a flat on a front tire, you are supposed to move a rear tire to the front then put the donut on the rear (per the owner's manual).

I would like to see someone try that on a busy highway with only one jack.(shocked)

The dealer wanted over $200 just for rim alone and said that I would have to get a tire myself which would cost another $70 or so.

I would love to be able to find a good deal on a used spare and if another Mazda's spare fits that would be great.

thanks!

In the market for a Mazda5 as our going-to-college and getting-drivers' licenses family "shrinks". I'm researching the threads, and wow, I might even be of help here for this old thread! We carry full-sized spares in our Odysseys for towing, but before we did that, I once picked up a nail on a front wheel....sooooo, I can answer the below based on doing this for a larger van when all we had was the "donut" spare:

I would like to see someone try that on a busy highway with only one jack.(shocked)
If the front tire went flat, first put the jack on the end with the good tire (rear jack point), and swap the good rear tire with the donut spare. Lower the van, bring the jack to the front jacking point, and swap the full-sized tires.

I agree...doing what is essentially two tire changes on a busy freeway is hazardous. I'd rather keep driving, wreck the tire, and maybe the wheel, to get to a truly safe place, or better yet, call for a tow. Just depends. I don't mind putting out a bunch of flares to clear a path. Even though they won't harm anything, people just seem to be scared of running over flares for some reason.

OF

Back