new exhaust tip. what size?

:
2001 mazda protege mp3
i need a new exhuast tip on my mp3 cause the one i have now is bent and i think it is a 4" and that is way to big, because im getting backflow and its taking away horsepower. does anyone have a suggestion on what size my new tip should be i was thinking about 3.5? or if thats still to big maybe a 3?

ummm...whatever you think looks good man. You won't see any difference performance wise between a 3", 3.5" or 4" tip

i need a new exhuast tip on my mp3 cause the one i have now is bent and i think it is a 4" and that is way to big, because im getting backflow and its taking away horsepower. does anyone have a suggestion on what size my new tip should be i was thinking about 3.5? or if thats still to big maybe a 3?

The lack of backpressure is mostly due to the removal of your primary cat...and will have nothing to do with the exhaust tip...

Funny the MP3 ECU seems to burble/pop a LOT more than the P5 stock...I noticed that as soon as I re-installed the MP3 ECU in my P5..

haha thanks guys i think ill take ur advice i got a 8" tip on the way to my house hahahah, ya know i dont want people to know that im too rice.

but yea i took the silencer out cause it looked wicked gay cause it had like a 4 inch exhaust with a plug in it with a 2inch hole.

Latest posts

Back