here is some info on 2009 mazda 6 price and packages

:
03.5 Msp
here is the link , i hope you guys can take the survey but it sucks that we cant add comments ,agian mazda , dont get pissed , im actually doing you a favor : D , any one else get this email ?

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/pre...3@hotmail.com&password=0017437560&campId=4178

i have price , packages and yes the v6 only comes in auto
im sure this is still not offcial but man i expected some more out of mazda
there v6 could have done more

here are pics , i got an email from mazda asking me to fill a survey for them , being a loyal enthusiast i did it

i hope mazda won't GET pissed but who knows

http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e294/xboxlivemonkey/

here are some specs

MAZDA6 s Grand Touring

* 272-hp 3.7L DOHC 24-valve V6 cylinder
* Mileage, City/Hwy (mpg) 17/25 AT

s Touring model features plus:

* Xenon auto on/off headlights & LED rear combination lights

* Rain sensing windshield wipers

* Auto-dimming, heated outside mirrors w/ ground illumination

* Leather-trimmed seats with heated front seats

* Driver's seat memory with outside mirror adjust function (2 settings)

* Passenger power seat

* Auto dimming inside mirror w/ Homelink system

* Dual zone automatic climate control

* Bluetooth hands-free phone and audio

* Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) System
MSRP: $29,050

MAZDA6 i Grand Touring

* 170-hp 2.5L DOHC 16-valve inline 4-cylinder with VVT
* Mileage, City/Hwy (mpg) 21/29 MT

i Touring model features plus:

* Xenon auto on/off headlights & LED rear combination lights

* Rain-sensing windshield wipers

* Auto-dimming, heated outside mirrors w/ ground illumination

* Leather-trimmed seats with heated front seats

* Driver's seat memory with outside mirror adjust function (2 settings)

* Passenger power seat

* Auto dimming inside mirror w/ Homelink system

* Dual zone automatic climate control

* Bluetooth hands-free phone and audio

* Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) System

price is 25,750

MAZDA6 i SV

* 170-hp 2.5L DOHC 16-valve inline 4-cylinder with VVT
* Mileage, City/Hwy (mpg) 21/29 MT

Vehicle features

* Independent front & rear suspension w/ stabilizer bars

* Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)

* Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) and Traction Control System (TCS)

* 16" steel wheel w/ 7-spoke wheel cover

* Halogen headlights with automatic headlight shutoff

* Power remote door mirrors, door locks, and windows

* Air conditioning with pollen filter

* AM/FM/CD MP3 compatible stereo w/ 6-speakers & SIRIUS Satellite Radio-compatible audio system

* 60/40 split fold-down rear seats, floor and cargo mats

* Center instrument panel display (A/C, audio, clock, outside temp.)

* Power door locks, windows, door mirrors and remote keyless entry

* Tilt & telescopic steering wheel w/ cruise and audio controls

* Advanced front air bags, side air bags, side air curtains and side impact door beams

* Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

MSRP: $19,750*

COLORS
EDIT
MAZDA6 s Grand Touring

Destination Fee
$28,400

$650

272-hp 3.7L DOHC 24-valve V6

Standard

Front-Wheel Drive

6-Spd Auto
Standard

Standard
COLORS
EDIT
No packages or options selected.
Total MSRP:
$29,050*

Last edited:
Pretty interesting. Mileage numbers aren't all that great for the 2.5 or 3.7, but we'll see. I see they've got the BSMS on this, just like I thought they would. LED taillights are a nice touch too.

dude wtf?

the v6 is 272 hp, and probably around 270lbs of torque..... now this thing is gonna be just as fast as a speed6 cause it's most likely going to weigh less.

Koenig's speed6 am cry :'(

dude wtf?

the v6 is 272 hp, and probably around 270lbs of torque..... now this thing is gonna be just as fast as a speed6 cause it's most likely going to weigh less.

Koenig's speed6 am cry :'(

No, now you just upgrade yours! I'm not shedding a tear until I drive one, or at least ride in one (soon hopefully)

No, now you just upgrade yours! I'm not shedding a tear until I drive one, or at least ride in one (soon hopefully)

Granted I know it won't have any AWD greatness, I was thinking in terms of on the highway... the acceleration will be the same, or quicker? What's the specs on the curb weight for the 3.7L?

Might get me back in the Mazda foal. But I won't be going back to Rick Case Mazda here in Atlanta. Almost lost my motor in my former Protege5 because they didn't see what the now defunct Stone Mountain Mazda found quickly... After it was flatbedded in...

The V6 only comes in Auto? Man that stinks :( :(

I predict that will dwindle their sales, "unexpectedly" to the marketing team, wondering why it's not selling so well, I wouldn't be surprised after maybe 6 months of launch they pull out a manual for the v6, if they bother to listen to the consumer demand.

I predict that will dwindle their sales, "unexpectedly" to the marketing team, wondering why it's not selling so well, I wouldn't be surprised after maybe 6 months of launch they pull out a manual for the v6, if they bother to listen to the consumer demand.

petition any one ?

lol

I agree. by them not putting in a manual says to me atleast that the 6 isnt designed for the driver much anymore. I have never owned a auto myself and dont ever plan on it. I will not buy a new 6 v6 if i can only get auto

i disagree. the average american wants more power and less hassle to get it. i think they will be all over this. they may lose a couple sales because of it, but not enough to lose sleep over.

now, if they offer a speed version without manual, thats not cool.

for comparison sake:

2008 VW Passat VR6 - only auto
2008 Honda Accord V6 (2 options) - only auto
2008 Toyota Camry XLE V6 - only auto

i disagree. the average american wants more power and less hassle to get it. i think they will be all over this. they may lose a couple sales because of it, but not enough to lose sleep over.

now, if they offer a speed version without manual, thats not cool.

I agree with wannabe, the 15-20 people that are complaining on the 6 Internet sites won't impact the sales of this vehicle at all. It's a family sedan, just about everyone wants the automatic. My wife wouldn't let me buy a standard. It doesn't make sense for us to have a $40k CDN car in the garage that only one of us can drive. My first choice in car last time around was the Speed 6, but I had to go with the CX-7 because of the tranny.

Just wanted to add to my last post. I do feel Mazda will offer some sort of manual transmission performance model in this vehicle for 2010. Whether its the Mazdaspeed or some sort of limited edition V6 model, I think they will address the small % that want the manual. So, if you guys can hold tight for a year I think you'll get what you want. I just don't think they need to mass produce the V6 manual, its a very small % that will actually buy one.

Just wanted to add to my last post. I do feel Mazda will offer some sort of manual transmission performance model in this vehicle for 2010. Whether its the Mazdaspeed or some sort of limited edition V6 model, I think they will address the small % that want the manual. So, if you guys can hold tight for a year I think you'll get what you want. I just don't think they need to mass produce the V6 manual, its a very small % that will actually buy one.

The V6 manual wasn't a big seller in the first gen 6, so its understandable to cut costs by not offering it on the 2nd gen. It's such a small % that want it, and with SMG/DSG gearboxes on the rise, manuals are slowly going the way of the dodo bird. There was an article in my last issue of Ward's Autoworld that talked about that in detail.

If we do see a new MS6, I'm pretty sure it'll be a 6 speed manual. Maybe we'll get lucky and see some paddle shifters as well as an option, making a new MS6 more appealing than the first one was.

The V6 manual wasn't a big seller in the first gen 6, so its understandable to cut costs by not offering it on the 2nd gen. It's such a small % that want it, and with SMG/DSG gearboxes on the rise, manuals are slowly going the way of the dodo bird. There was an article in my last issue of Ward's Autoworld that talked about that in detail.

If we do see a new MS6, I'm pretty sure it'll be a 6 speed manual. Maybe we'll get lucky and see some paddle shifters as well as an option, making a new MS6 more appealing than the first one was.

If they make a 3.7L DISI 350+ HP Mazdaspeed with an auto I will buy one. An auto would have taken too much performance out of the current Speed 6, but with 350-400 ft of torque it won't matter. My lease is up in fall of 2010, I'm anxiously waiting to see if 2010 Mazda 6 will have AWD or Speed versio with auto. Also watching for Mazdaspeed CX-7 and the 2010 redesign of the CX-7. Most likely one of those options will be my next vehicle.

If they make a 3.7L DISI 350+ HP Mazdaspeed with an auto I will buy one. An auto would have taken too much performance out of the current Speed 6, but with 350-400 ft of torque it won't matter. My lease is up in fall of 2010, I'm anxiously waiting to see if 2010 Mazda 6 will have AWD or Speed versio with auto. Also watching for Mazdaspeed CX-7 and the 2010 redesign of the CX-7. Most likely one of those options will be my next vehicle.

a speed cx7 ?wtf , might as well drift in it ! (inout)

I didn't even know there were plans to make a mazdaspeed cx-7 ?

Might only be an overseas type of deal though.... like the mazdaspeed mp5.... only available in japan.

I agree with wannabe, the 15-20 people that are complaining on the 6 Internet sites won't impact the sales of this vehicle at all. It's a family sedan, just about everyone wants the automatic. My wife wouldn't let me buy a standard. It doesn't make sense for us to have a $40k CDN car in the garage that only one of us can drive. My first choice in car last time around was the Speed 6, but I had to go with the CX-7 because of the tranny.

Dude there are more people than you think who would prefer manual over auto.... many people these days don't know HOW to drive a manual, which gives cause to the choice of an auto. My aunt is 44 yrs old, doesn't know how to drive manual to save her life. My GF would pick manual over auto, or at least so she says... she wants me to teach her, but the speed6 is a touchy car and I don't want her to learn on that cause it's a bit much for a beginner, I think. So I'd rather teach her on the e30 I'm picking up.

Check out on this forum and over on the mazda6 club, see how many people's cars are manual compared to autos.... you'll be surprised.

Back