Rebuild Motor finally after 9 months

AgentOrange

:
Mazdaspeed Protege 2003
Last August I had a bit of a detonation issue, and banana'd 3 out of 4 rods in my MSP...My uncle recommended a shop for me (NEVER LISTEN TO RELATIVES), drove the car there (it still ran) ordered k1 rods, wisco pistons, flywheel/clutch and some other goodies from Sam at ************* (thanks again Sam!) 4 months later the motor was finally taken to the machine shop where it was over-bored and cleaned up...and the car proceeded to sit for 4 months...I finally got fed up and towed the car and picked up the block, had a mechanic near me take a look at it..the original mechanic lost a cam shim, broke the crank sensor, toasted alternator and left shavings from the original damaged plug in the head so had to buy a few new parts...a week and a half later I'm able to pick it up tonight :) I'll see about posting some pics

That sounds like a lame shop....engine rebuilds are not for any guy that claims to be a mechanic.....Good luck with your rebuilt engine!

i am confused on the break in.... when i went to a corvette factory in bowling green ky they would dyno the cars right off the line?? if something was not right then they would push them across the painted road in the plant and someone would work on it. so tell me do our motors need to broke in and the vettes dont or whats up?

I remember reading somewhere about the cylinder hones on the LS engines being done in a specific way where it speeds up the seating of the rings and where a factory Mobil 1 fill can be used.

I'll get some pics tonight after I get my 10 day permit to drive the car around for a bit, as for the car it runs great except almost stalling from the egr valve and possible vacuum leak, which I'll probably fix tonight... I'll only have the car for about a month before it goes up for sale due to the current situation :( i've already bought another car.....an 86 volvo 240

Back