Mazda USA likes Modding!!

Yeah it is a little surprising considering all the BS warranty voiding that seems to be going on..

in like 2002.. they made a site to register your mazda with them.. and 'show off your mods' it was such an obvious ploy to void warranties... and if it wasn't... that's how it was interpreted.

WELL, we all know their godlike engineering skills have ensured the car will never break, even after 100 years and millions of miles... If it's broken it must be abuse! :rolleyes:

I have to tell you with all of the issues with the car it truly does take the enjoyment out of the car. Mazda if any should be a very mod friendly company considering how big they are in the road race scene with their spec miatas!

As a company, I don't blame Mazda for taking the stance they do. They can't be responsible for people that abuse their cars and performance mods suggest that the owners use their cars more at the limits. Paying for repairs that are caused by other 3rd party parts is not a way to make any profits and not a way to run a business. If Mazda ponied up for every repair, they'd be bankrupt!

they have this site on their list...so its apparent they know where to look lol

Is there a "forum dealer" who will give discounts on this stuff? The various Corvette forums have dealers that will offer 20% or more off factory accessories.

well mazda should at least make more mazdaspeed aftermarket parts like full tbe exhaust, bpv, upgraded tmic or frontmount, things like that.. i would pay extra to keep inside the warrenty and have mazdaspeed products even if there a bit more expensive... ya its awsome the HAD the cai and have the cat back but why not take it farther and do the whole shi-bang

I have to tell you with all of the issues with the car it truly does take the enjoyment out of the car. Mazda if any should be a very mod friendly company considering how big they are in the road race scene with their spec miatas!

(werd)

just because its a mazdaspeed part doesn't mean that it won't void your warranty though...

What about taking your stock car to a drag strip or autox and breaking something. My guess Mazda wont want to repair it then either..

when you guys take your modded mazda in for a service at a mazda dealership do they make any mention of your mods?
Here in Australian nothing is said at all, at least in my time as a mazda owner at least. I know that is also the case with some others mazda owners here that have mods.

when you guys take your modded mazda in for a service at a mazda dealership do they make any mention of your mods?
Here in Australian nothing is said at all, at least in my time as a mazda owner at least. I know that is also the case with some others mazda owners here that have mods.

Depends on your dealer really, Mine is pretty mod friendly as long as the mods are relatively concervative. When you start going big turbo and the supporting mods that go with them you'd expect to have to problems with your warrantie

What about taking your stock car to a drag strip or autox and breaking something. My guess Mazda wont want to repair it then either..

If the car was stock, then sure they would have to warranty it. Unless the clutch went up then they can blame that on "spirited" driving.

Back