strut bearing rotation mark?

DiscreetSpeed

:
03 MSP
Hey guys need some help here. just changed out the strut bearing and the painted points are no more. the half moon looking area in the middle is the only point of reference i have. can anyone tell me where this should be point while in stock position?

Attachments

• Strut.jpg
    Strut.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 130
Damn. Everyone's in bed and my garage wakes up the whole house when opening. I'll reply tomorrow morning if nobody else has.

If that pic was off the one on the right(passenger) then it would face the outside/fenders of the car, if it was off the left(driver) then it would face the rear of the car. When facing the car from the front the dots should face out to your side mirrors. I have attached a pic of the drivers side and you can't really tell with the strut installed. My best guess would be to have the half moon cut out facing the fenders for both sides.

Attachments

• DSC02557.JPG
    DSC02557.JPG
    255.4 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Thanks, problem i have now is i dont know which side this mount is for... i pm'd the member that took the pic and asked.

Last edited:
I think you have a pic of the passenger side one and the the half moon part should be facing out, I just had all my struts and everything out of my car 3 days ago, too bad you didnt ask then lol.

Dang! But thanks for the info....Im going to position them accordingly with what you just said and see how it runs. Ill still be checking this to be sure. Thanks for the help.

I think you have a pic of the passenger side one and the the half moon part should be facing out, I just had all my struts and everything out of my car 3 days ago, too bad you didnt ask then lol.
would that mean that the drivers side is just opposite of it? i mean facing towards the back outer corner?

Back