Weird issue...can someone please help!

StreetStyleJPTI

Show mE ur BatwinG
:
2003.5 Mazdaslow Protegay
Well, so here is my problem in a nut shell. When I was driving yesterday I would hit the gas and the car would jerk really, really badly. Now I know that this wasn't fuel cut because I wasn't boosting. Also, when I barely hit the gas it goes right into boost...its way to easy. Iyt does max out where it should at 6. Now unless I gently press the gas, the jerking continues. I noticed that my a/f gauge would show lean when I hit the gas and rich when I let off. It was weird because at times it would move very, very slowly back and forth. I just replaced the EGR with a brand new one...its not the WGA (that's not really the issue anyway). Only mods are AEM CAI, walbro fuel pump, and relocated MAF. I also throw a P0300 CEL every now and then. Any ideas? Please?

Well, so here is my problem in a nut shell. When I was driving yesterday I would hit the gas and the car would jerk really, really badly. Now I know that this wasn't fuel cut because I wasn't boosting. Also, when I barely hit the gas it goes right into boost...its way to easy. Iyt does max out where it should at 6. Now unless I gently press the gas, the jerking continues. I noticed that my a/f gauge would show lean when I hit the gas and rich when I let off. It was weird because at times it would move very, very slowly back and forth. I just replaced the EGR with a brand new one...its not the WGA (that's not really the issue anyway). Only mods are AEM CAI, walbro fuel pump, and relocated MAF. I also throw a P0300 CEL every now and then. Any ideas? Please?

sure its not the WGA?????? sounds like it might be.

reset the ECU and try again?

Nope, because it happens when I'm not in boost. Plus the WGA is maybe a month old, and I remember fuel cut...what it feels like. This is more like the car wants to die...or there is a ridiculous vacuum leak. Even though I have double checked everything.

*update*

Well, now I have changed the EGR valve and the coil packs...and the problem is still there.

Kinda off the subject but I was thinking of replacing my coil packs. What did they cost and where did you get them?

my car did somethign like that and my CEL was a cam position sensor, but i didnt have the boost problem though.

Well, I just changed the coil packs and its not that either. Its weird if I floor it, it stumbles for about 5-10 seconds then it "kicks" back in and moves again...but not as powerful as it normally would be. So that camshaft sensor...did you get a CEL specifically stating that it was the camshaft sensor?

*Update* just went to Autozone to use their OBD-2 scanner and got 4 codes. P0301, P0102, P0103, and P0507. What does mean, bad MAF?

sounds like the maf, which could explain the stumbling. mine died out and it was running like ass in certain spots and i threw the maf circuit low code as well. if u have someome with the same maf, trade it out and see.

Back