Electric Door Lock Problem Mazda 3

mmitsch

The electric door locks in my daughter's 2004 Mazda 3 are not working properly. She can lock and unlock the drivers door with the key fob switch but none of the other doors work. When in the car the switch on the door panel in the car on the drivers side will only lock/unlock the drivers door but not the other 3. The switch on the passenger side doesn't work either. There is a sound when the switches are depressed which sounds like the doors are trying to open.

Can someone help me diagnose this condition? Is it anything I can fix myself?

Thanks!

Hmmmmm, I can't remember if there's a central module in the driver's door for the locks like there is for the windows (I.E. if you remove the driver's window switches none of them would work). I'd say maybe the KEU went bad, but if the remote is still working for the driver's door, and the same thing is happening when you push the button on the door then that's kind of ruled out. I really find it hard to believe that it's a problem with the power lock actuators themselves just because I can't imagine all three of them would go bad at the same time.

I'm assuming that the car is just out of warranty at this point, yes?

try and locate another power window control switch from a wrecker make the swap and see what happens with it?

I am having this same issue. Does any one know if a solution was found? I know this was some time ago but I can hope for response right?

Back