Motor Mount question - SU/CS/TRZ

aaronc7

Banned
:
2007 Mazdaspeed 3
Ya ya ya, I know this topic has been beaten to death and I've read tons of reviews on the forums when people get these. I'm looking for someone who has tried the SU motor mount, as well as the CS inserts or TRZ poly.

I bought the CS inserts a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Loved them, better performance with hardly any increase in vibes etc etc. But I wanted to see what I was missing so I picked up a TRZ poly as well. It's definitely a huge difference...car feels more solid in general but the vibes may be a bit too much for me. I hate hearing every rattle intensified when you start out in 1st gear every time...lol. This is my DD so ride comfort is still important to me.

OK enough rambling. I'm looking for feedback on the SU mount. It seems to be somewhere in the middle between the CS inserts and TRZ as far as comfort/vibes go...but I'm specifically looking for feedback from someone who has used both the SU AND CS/TRZ so I can hear some direct comparisons and I know exactly what those two feel like. How does it compare in performance and comfort terms compared to the CS inserts and/or TRZ Poly. Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
We are in final proto type stages of our MS3 rear mount.
It uses the same custom bushings in our Protege mount. Price will be around $65 and ETA is May 2nd.

Don't wanna stray too far off topic... I am mainly looking for CS Inserts vs SU mount from the performance/wheel hop standpoint. From what I've gathered the SU is a touch more vibrations, but still mild. Any feedback is welcome though!

Pics of the new mount?

i had the CS inserts for about 2 months before i had to replace them because they felt like they were no longer helping me anymore...=d i am now sporting the SU poly MM, and i think that this is the best solution for me. the reasons for this is that it's pretty close to the CS inserts in that it adds moderate stiffness, but in this case, it also added a little bit of added vibration at idle that is mostly felt through the steering wheel. as far as driving feel goes, it's about the same as the CS inserts, imo (after breaking it in). sure, it may be a bit stiffer, but the point of the matter is that i have a hard time telling, which means that it's probably not really that big of a deal...=/

here's the way i see it overall:

i got the SU MM as a more robust solution to the MM problem vs the CS inserts. the mount is sturdy and holding up very well under the DD + occasional spirited driving that i put it through. it is a little more vib than the CS inserts, but not enough that my teeth are chattering or i feel like i'm driving some sort of dump truck...=d what is important to me is that the SU MM + cobb springs = NO MORE WHEELHOP! (alright) this of course, only applies when the ground is dry, but i never was delusional enough to imagine that there was a thing i could do to get rid of my wheelhop when it's wet out...:D (other than not boosting, of course...;))

I didnt precise my question my stock dont have wheel hop when I launch from stop only on wet surface or from a rool on 2nd

I put my TRZ Poly back in for fun today. I read some stuff about how you're supposed to torque down the bolt that does not connect to the engine first, or otherwise you might get excessive vibrations. I have no idea how I installed the TRZ the first time I did it so I figured I'd try it again doing it the 'correct' way just incase I did it wrong the first time. And I also torqued it down to 70 ft lb this time rather than 80ftlb like I did the first time.

I swear there's less vibes now...yeah they are still there, but I don't believe it's as bad as it was before. I gave it a hard drive and spun the tires good until I let off in 3rd gear. No wheelhop whatsoever and the car felt REALLY solid. I was really impressed, gonna give this bad boy a try again.

I still really like the CS inserts, they feel just like stock, but you don't feel as connected to the engine/car as much.

Hopefully it will go down over the next 500-1000 miles but I'm okay with it right now. Like I said gonna give it another shot

I read some stuff about how you're supposed to torque down the bolt that does not connect to the engine first, or otherwise you might get excessive vibrations.

Technically all of the bolts would be tightened before the one that connects to the engine....since none of them actually connects to the engine. (lol2)

In all seriousness, I hope it works out for you. If not, however, I love my SU mount.

I dont know why su is more expensive...aaronc7 so first you tightened bolt to 70 ft and then the the one that connects to engine with 70 ft ??
I still didnt decide

Yeah tighten the bolt that is towards the rear of the car first...70ft lb, then the front one that connects to engine to 70 ft lb. Then i went back and did them both again to make sure they were tighetened correctly. the price on the TRZ i really good too..got mine used for 50 bucks

Back