Unlock All Doors with One Button Push?

Help, I'm trying to get all my (2007 CX-9 Touring) doors to unlock with just pushing key remote button once. Anyone know how to achieve this? By the way I have the "switchblade" key remote. Thanks.

Doubt it. This is a safety feature so you can only unlock the drivers door without allowing access of anyone lurking on the passenger side

This is a big deal why? I'd rather keep the option to just unlock the driver's door

From the owner's manual:

Unlock button
To unlock the driver's door, press the unlock button and the hazard warning
lights will flash twice.
To unlock all doors and the liftgate, press the unlock button again within 3 seconds.

Is there a problem with simply pressing the button a second time?

From the owner's manual:
Is there a problem with simply pressing the button a second time?

Yes, it's annoying when you have to constantly put kids in the back seat or holding ltems to put in cargo area. Just like having doors that lock themselves then you have to press button twice again. It's about a bigger picture of sheeple like you that say "O.K. that's the way it is" and going along with everything or saying I want options I want the freedom of choice.(nuts)

It's about a bigger picture of sheeple like you
Wow, way to ask for help and then be a dick to the people who take the time to respond!
I hope you get carpal tunnel from all that arduous double-clicking you have to do with your key fob!

One way to do it though would be to get an aftermarket alarm or remote start system that has doorlock options. I had a nissan sentra that behaved this way, put in a remote start that took over the door lock functions and I then only had to push the button once. May not be the answer you're looking for, but it's a way to make it work.

Yes, it's annoying, I want options I want the freedom of choice.(nuts)

If you cant press the button twice instead of once with your hands full, then how do you manage to pull the door handle open?:confused:

Maybe Mazda can bring out the OPTION of automatic opening doors too!
Just kick the appropriate wheel and the door opens for you, now that would be soooo cool!(alright)

The need to hit unlock twice to unlock all doors is just annoying when you have a group of people trying get in the CX-9. After your 1st click, someone pulls the door handle thinking that their side of door is unlocked. That pull can collide in timing with the 2nd click and prevent that door from unlocking.
At this point, all you can do is open the driver door, and hit the unlock button on the inside panel. SmartKey is supposed to make life simpler, not more complicated.
On my Prius, you can program this by yourself to have it unlock all doors on the 1st attempt. I can see why someone prefers not to have this for safety reason. That is why this should be programmable.

The dealer might be able to do it by plugging into the ECU directly if he knows the correct codes. On my Audi, I simply bought a Vag-com tool (you can hook it up to the ECU port and to your laptop), and reprogrammed the ECU by changing a couple of numbers that directed the key fob to open all doors with one click only. I also reprogrammed so that all locks would lock once the car started rolling.

Not sure if such a tool exists for Mazdas (although you would think it would for people that like to tune).

i remember the days when you had to actually put the key in the door. what a b**** that was...
oh wait my car isn't keyless.

remember when you had to spend an hour hitching up the horses and prepping the wagon before you went for a drive? And then sit on a hard wooden bench during the drive?

Now we can't even handle pushing a button twice to get into our wagons.

Interesting replies...

I see both sides of this debate but, in the end, it boils down to competitive features in a competitive market.

One of the downsides to the 9 is a lack of certain detail features that competitive vehicles have. They aren't necessities, of course, but they can be useful to many.

AWOL features in the U.S. market (not comprehensive - feel free to add).
1. Memory exterior mirrors.
2. No dash indicator for fog lights.
3. Lack of a trip computer.
4. Low rent tire pressure monitoring system (no indictor for which tire or display of measured pressures - no substitute for regular checking of pressures but...)
5. Interior lights don't come on when unlock is pressed. Correction: Yes, they do with the remote and the door button but, sometimes with the door button they don't until you pull the handle.
6. Can't program unlock sequence (drivers or all doors)
7. Can't program doors to lock automatically (either in gear or at, say, 15 mph)
8. Homelink remote standard (It looks like this will be standard for '09 in Canada at least)
9. Auto dimming rearview mirror and exterior mirrors (autodim interior coming in '09 it appears tied with Homelink).
Others?

Point being that other manufacturer's vehicles in the same price range offer these features as part of the deal. They aren't everyones cup of tea, to be sure, but they are useful for many and it isn't unreasonable to expect them to be present.

Now why some of the above are present in other markets (trip computer and fog lamps on indicator, to name two I'm aware of) and not the U.S. is a head scratcher. It's not like the 9 doesn't have a programmable system - it does - and the trip computer data is there, but Mazda chose not to provide the interface for it in the U.S.

Personally, I'd have been happy to give up the 20" bling wheels and the $5400 transfer case ( which I still think is grossly overpriced for what it does ) if the money would have gone towards the features listed above and something better than the felt liner they used on the floor. But that's just me! :)

Ted

Last edited:
totally unneeded.

I don't want an auto dimming mirror. Automated gadgets never seem to engage when I want them to. Sometime I like to flip the mirror even when the auto wouldn't engage, and we use the lever to switch the mirror between my seating position and my wifes. The auto means we'd have to always readjust the mirror.

Maybe I'd like to decide when to engage my wipers, too.

I do NOT want the doors to lock automatically, either. Mostly because I dont want them to UNLOCK when we stop. Ever been to downtown LA or Phoenix? Yikes.

We bought a Sport BECAUSE it has less gadgets and leaves me in control of thoses kinds of things.

The CX-9 is more than competitive in the areas that really count, Style and Performance. In fact, it wins, regardless of price.

Thanks to Some.

The need to hit unlock twice to unlock all doors is just annoying when you have a group of people trying get in the CX-9. After your 1st click, someone pulls the door handle thinking that their side of door is unlocked. That pull can collide in timing with the 2nd click and prevent that door from unlocking.
At this point, all you can do is open the driver door, and hit the unlock button on the inside panel. SmartKey is supposed to make life simpler, not more complicated.
On my Prius, you can program this by yourself to have it unlock all doors on the 1st attempt. I can see why someone prefers not to have this for safety reason. That is why this should be programmable.

Thanks to CX9sportowner and others whose knowledge about this feature attempted to help. I appreciate it. As for the small few who just want to debate WHY WHY WHY? Kindly stay out of the HOW-TO section where help is needed and post your dumb "why" comments somewhere else. (inout)

I see both sides of this debate but, in the end, it boils down to competitive features in a competitive market.

One of the downsides to the 9 is a lack of certain detail features that competitive vehicles have.
AWOL features in the U.S. market (not comprehensive - feel free to add).
1. Memory exterior mirrors.
2. No dash indicator for fog lights.
3. Lack of a trip computer.
4. Low rent tire pressure monitoring system (no indictor for which tire or display of measured pressures - no substitute for regular checking of pressures but...)
5. Interior lights don't come on when unlock is pressed.
6. Can't program unlock sequence (drivers or all doors)
7. Can't program door to lock automatically (either in gear or at, say, 15 mph)
8. Homelink standard (It looks like this will be standard for '09 in Canada at least)
9. Auto dimming rearview mirror and exterior mirrors.

Ted

Items 2, 3, and 5 are standard in Oz Ted (2thumbs)

What is item 8?(dunno) I am not familiar with this????

Items 2, 3, and 5 are standard in Oz Ted (2thumbs)

What is item 8?(dunno) I am not familiar with this????

Homelink is a feature that allows you to activate the garage door opener, electronic gates or home lights, etc. from the vehicle without a seperate remote if they conform with the Homelink communications standard. Probably a U.S. / Canada only feature that we have integrated into the autodim mirror option.

The interior lights do come one with the remote and with the door button with the electronic key but under some conditions they sometimes don't. I corrected my posting accordingly.

Why you folks have the trip computer and fog light indicator on the dash and we don't is a mystery.

Ted

Last edited:
Back