Headlight Issue (Buzzing Sound)

MTV

:
2002 Proteg 5
I was washing the car today and pressure washed the inside a bit to get rid of the salt. When I turned on the lights later on there was a buzzing sound and now everything turns on at once. The high and low beams and the fogs...

Water must have sprayed up into the wires and other electronic components above the pedals.

What did I screw up?

Uhm, got water in the connectors?

(Remove them and let them dry)

Seriously - do NOT use the power washer again! If i had seen you i would have slapped it out of your hand!

(Never do anything to the paint you wouldn't do to your own skin - you are stripping the wax and clearcoat)

Just hand wash from here on out, K?

As stated, water in the connectors. Disconnect and let dry. Reconnect and you should be good. That's why your car is fallin apart! lol

But, yeah, NEVER use a pressure washer on a car! Unless you don't like your paint.

Handwash FTW!!

Ummm... Never use a pressure washer on a car?

I've been using pressure washers on cars for years, and so do local hand wash places. It does nothing to the paint, all it is is an electric pressure washer, it doesn't generate enough power to strip paint off a car.

Car falling apart? What?

In an earlier post, you commented that all the "Little things" were driving you crazy. It was a joke.

MTV ill somewhat back you up.

Aslonjg as you have the proper distance a pressure washer is ok on a car but i agree it should beable to hit a person and feel liek a shower. anything more your asking for trouble

Problem went away. I just left it alone and it dried up. Everything's cool now. Thanks guys.

Ummm... Never use a pressure washer on a car?

I've been using pressure washers on cars for years, and so do local hand wash places. It does nothing to the paint, all it is is an electric pressure washer, it doesn't generate enough power to strip paint off a car.

The water may not be pressurized enough to take the paint off, but all of the kinetic energy you're imparting on the dirt and sand particles will certainly add in a few unwanted scratch marks.

Depends on how dirty you let your car get though...

Man you guys know there is a drought in atlanta georgia now? I really want to wash the car by my hose and I even dream of it, but I left no option but go to self car wash place with pressurized water...hopefully it won't do much damage before the drought is over...
Oh, it's level 4 now so no outside water usage anywhere...

Josh

Oh sorry I just realized that it's a headlight short circuit thread, but, I think you are lucky that it's the lighting system gets water, maybe I'm wrong but there seems to be a whole bunch things down there...

Josh

Back