Code: P0108

AznXstazy

:
Mazda MP3
hey guys, CEL came on yesterday wondering what it is... can't find anything that could be wrong... thanks

This is what the code means:
P0108 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit High Input

just not sure if it means exhaust or intake manifold...? Can't help out more then that...

Maybe the MAF sensor? Possibly dirty or such? Seems like it would be would be the intake manifold, since there are no sensors for measuring exhaust manifold pressure that I know of.

I threw the same code last year. ended up being map sensor. vacuum leak is another common cause as well. throw a meter on the map sensor and throttle the car see if you see a change in voltage. if it the voltage doesn't change or only slightly changes its the sensor.

wheres the map sensor at? i did have a vacuum leak. the intake pipe completely ripped at the bottom.... replaced it with a non ripped stock one. i checked it out too, but didnt know what it meant either. tried to clean the MAF, but still throw the code from time to time.

The boost sensor and the map sensor are all in the same, its located on the passenger side strut tower.

I changed the map sensor for a brand new and it threw the code! p0108

I thought it was the problem of the car not going in rich open loop as soon as I boost. I tried to clean the old one and it worked at fisrt but stopped to work.

the car also goes in open loop at 80 mph when not boosting at all so it start to buck if i don't press the pedal more

Can it be a issue with the cruise control or a vaccuum leek ? or throttle body position sensor? or EGR valve?

i also have the code 0660

Back