What have you done to your non-mazda today?

I'll show you the old set up with the scalloped rotor, It'll take me probably about a week to post pics with the new rotors, i'm very slow.

It's a really bad pic, these are the old rotors on my infiniti g20, just swapped them out with normal "round" haha rotors, crossed drilled and slotted. These were a bit of an experiment. They worked great, but just couldn't get over the look of them. Plus they made the brakes look so small cause of the shape.

Gmac

Attachments

• BABK.jpg
    BABK.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 353
I recently installed a set of coilovers on the IS:

First setting was a bit too low:
IMG_3595.JPG

garage is a mess since I had just moved into my house the week before.
Final settings at all four corners:
IMG_3598.JPG

IMG_3597.JPG

Now with sways and my coilovers the car handles like a dream. Now I just need more power. So no more modding till probably next year. If I still have the car this time next year I will be installing a turbo kit!!

Took my Mustang for a spin today. It has been sitting still on the backyard for two weeks.

Nice rides you guys!
That IS looks really cool w the drop!
Ah, Mercedes... I'd like this one:
4850_089_320x240.jpg

My element. the 6 is the wifes.

Sorry no pics. I get some later.

225/70/16's BFG, bull bar, thule rack, bastket...

The IS engine is stout, does the tranny have problems once you up the HP?

Gmac

The 5spd manual is done at about 350-400 rwhp. That's when people upgrade to the V160 6spd from the supra. I was going to shoot towards the 300-350 rwhp but I was just given a 1991 honda crx. My sister bought it new and I always loved the car. Now it's mine and I'm planning on building that up and leaving the IS to daily duties or possibly trading it on a truck.

I love crx's as well. Two great cars in your arsenal now.

here is an awful video I just took with my cell phone. Once the car is finished, need to tie up some loose ends, i'll take a vid with my video camera instead of my phone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4D_GH7S2bo

Ohh and commentating and audio complements of me.

Gmac

Well just bought some s-tech's for the TL....waiting for the brown truck to deliver.... :)

Need to wash, clay bar and wax for saturday..Acura meet in Stone Mountain.

Purcahsed a clay bar kit and clayed the fender... didn't really notice that much after I clayed it compared to the rest of the truck.... Even on 15 year old paint.

It "smooths" out the clear coat....if your truck still has it. Clay bar it then wax it and go over the truck with a towel......you'll feel the difference.

It "smooths" out the clear coat....if your truck still has it. Clay bar it then wax it and go over the truck with a towel......you'll feel the difference.

The paint is in real good shape other then the top of the cab... I didn't really notice hardly any difference in the feel of the paint even after claying. I did feel the flay pick stuff up off the paint but their wasn't much that It picked up off the fender. The truck has never been resprayed.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gallery/displayimage.php?&photoid=186408&width=0

Oh your not going to feel ANY type difference on the front bumper, lol. That thing will still feel it has 5 oclock shadow....whole bunch of "stubble". And the fender....hmm....sounds weird because I did the same thing on my dad's old 89 F150 and it felt pretty good......

Last edited:
Oh your not going to feel ANY type difference on the front bumper, lol. That thing will still feel it has 5 oclock shadow....whole bunch of "stubble". And the fender....hmm....sounds weird because I did the same thing on my dad's old 89 F150 and it felt pretty good......

lol ok.... i never even mentioned bumper but ok. Yeah its chrome so I have a polish for that. I just need to find it.

I guess this would be a better link...

http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gallery/displayalbum.php?albumid=26762

Last edited:
.......I have no clue why mentioned the bumper either, lol. When I edited the post I was going to change that but said....ah f**k it, lol. (dunno)

You had me rereading the thread to make sure you didnt mean to reply to someone else about the bumper comment. After I read it I was like yeah ok this guy is offically off his rocker. lol

Hahahahaha. Trust me I had to read it a good three times too....but I still have no clue why the heck I mentioned the bumper, lol. Brainfart...

Back