what just happened?

riccitelli

:
speed3
so i was getting in my car tonight leaving a mall i live near with a buddy of mine. get in the car start it up no problem drive ten feet the car shuts off. well i thought i stalled it, maybe i wasnt paying attention??, guess not my speed 3 had all electrical power but wouldnt turn back over, shut it off and would not go back on so we pop the hood look for anything that looks broken nothing check fuses nothing. get back in try to start it nothing all power but starter wont turn over, call my dad because he has my sapre keys for when he needs to move the car,thinking my key could be screwed up?? i get them tried my other set nothing but now the key light is flashing on my dash. so i disconnect the battery for 5 min to see if that works, put it back on try to start it nothing. at leat my buddy knows a tow truck driver so he came and pickes it up and now its at the dealership. so i get to not go to work tommorw and go to the dealership and see what they say. what a great night

anyone ever had this problem???

First I hear of it... sounds like your anti-theft system went nutz... good luck with it - let us know what you find

so i was getting in my car tonight leaving a mall i live near with a buddy of mine. get in the car start it up no problem drive ten feet the car shuts off. well i thought i stalled it, maybe i wasnt paying attention??, guess not my speed 3 had all electrical power but wouldnt turn back over, shut it off and would not go back on so we pop the hood look for anything that looks broken nothing check fuses nothing. get back in try to start it nothing all power but starter wont turn over, call my dad because he has my sapre keys for when he needs to move the car,thinking my key could be screwed up?? i get them tried my other set nothing but now the key light is flashing on my dash. so i disconnect the battery for 5 min to see if that works, put it back on try to start it nothing. at leat my buddy knows a tow truck driver so he came and pickes it up and now its at the dealership. so i get to not go to work tommorw and go to the dealership and see what they say. what a great night

anyone ever had this problem???

my wife and i had a similiar problem with her rx8. shop found out that it was a faulty manufacture alarm system.

the alarm system wasnt sensoring the key. the dealer will probably tell you the same. keep us posted on the progress.

well i just got the car back and it actually had to do with my boost gauge and where it was tied into (the electrical conn.) and for what ever reason it blew 2 fuses??? and the thing was i looked at the fuses that night but because it was dark it was hard to tell pretty much overlooked them. but it even took the dealer a few to fiuger it out that, that was the problem and they where pretty cool about the mods that are on my car and didnt even break my balls. they liked the gauge because i can monitor boost and they even said that they should come stock with it but yea it was 2 blow fuses that control my ecu and my key programer and they told my that the chip for the key was ok. so pretty much a blown fuses screwed me all up

Isn't towing and roadside assistance including in the warranty for the MS3?

yea i thought i had it but no one ever showed up aaa never ended up comming so my buddy new a tow truck driver so he cam and picked it up and didnt really even charge me

Was this covered under your warranty or did you have to pay out of your pocket because it was due to a mod?

Back