Homelink installation wire tap

I know on some models the autodim taps into the wiring behind the driver's kick panel, so that could be why they did it over there. It doesn't excuse them doing it incorrectly of course.

Anyone have a piout diagram for the sunroof? I am planning to use the sunroof connector instead. Thanks.

I've been trying to find a switched 12V and negative wiring in the sunroof connector for the past week.

The wires at the Sunroof Connector: +Red/white stripe , - Blue/black stripe

Although it will look like you have a constant 12V via the meter at these connections, It is a momentary 12V at the connector, this triggers the sunroof to open or close. It does not have enough current or constant voltage to power the mirror.

Use the above instructions bringing power leads from the passenger kick panel wiring: Green w/black stripe and silver dots and ground wire.

Listed here is the factory installation instruction, note: use Green w/black stripe and SILVER DOTS

https://sep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/yhst-24...82.573940375.1503454664-1687774564.1503454664

Picture of Wiring Loom at Passenger Kick Panel:

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=150089&d=1242932717

Hope this helps, I will do this tomorrow!

IT WORKS GREAT!

Last edited:
So, I sold our 2006 Mazda 5 however did not want to part with the Homelink mirror so I simply removed it and left the wiring harness in place as it was too much trouble to remove it.
Silly me figured I could just go to the dealership and purchase the harness as part of kit 0000-8C-L12 only to find they had updated this kit to 0000-8C-L12A. Ordered it figuring $35 is not that much and it was coming from Japan. 2 months later and get notified Mazda will not provide the harness. Apparently they don't stock these things but simply build on demand. Given the age, they have decided little interest.

So, after going over this thread, I have decided to try my luck and order just the harness 0000-8C-H12. Low and behold there are only a few left in the US and available for $55. Ouch. All of this just to get a wiring harness! I should have listened to myself and just clipped the wire with the connector before selling the car but hey, I guess that's what you get for trying to be nice. Using some of the above links, I can determine that really there is only 3 connectors that are important.

Pin 3 is Ground
Pin 6 needs switched Ignition
Pin 10 constant +12v

Connector looks like this for pinning with bump on top of connector where X is. Sorry for the ASCII art.
X
1 2 3 4 5
10 9 8 7 6

Hopefully this helps others out looking for more information on the pin out configuration for a Homelink with compass Electronic Dimming Mirror in the 1st Gen Mazda 5.

Back