Right Rear Caliper HELP

KiLLa_MSP_PA

:
MAZDASPEED Protege03.5
Hi everyone......Alright so i was doing some brake pads the other day, and when i got to the right side i couldn't free-up the caliper..it was shot..the bracket pin was spinning and was stuck in the caliper. sooo i called the mazda dealer and they want $350!!!!! for a caliper. has anyone had to change a rear caliper on there mazdaspeed, and was there a cheaper route. also every brake pad i ordered was the wrongs ones yet they were listed for a mazdaspeed protege....napa, peboys, and a couple others all wrong.

I hear ya about the brake pads being the wrong ones. Suck part is the parts store matched the ones i had with another car but dont remember which ones they were.

Another thing you can try is (you'll probably have to bleed the system some) loosening up the bleed screw and then try compressing the piston back in.

Good luck.

Last edited:
i found the rear pads for the msp!!! anyone looking there the same as an 05 mazda 6i rear pad. oh and i fixed my caliper thank god!!! its was froze on the bottom slider not the caliper itself, i should have clarified that. tryed torching it first that didnt work. then i got the air hammer out and hammered it off. cleaned the caliper side with a drill bit and wire wheeled the slider itself grease the hell out of everything and put it back together. and it cost me a total of 22buck for rear pads. YAY (yippy)

Back