will ineffective bump stop result in suspension noise?

blacksheepms3

:
Mazdaspeed 3
I need help in figuring out if a shortened bump stops on front suspensions result in bumping noise when going over undulations on the road.
When i had my springs replaced with lowering springs, the installer reduced my bump stop by cutting it. I realized that cause when i did my shocks by myself with the help of my friends we saw my bump stops been cutted. Now i hear like bumping noise when the car go over series of undulations on the road. But the shocks are effective as ever in dampening bumps and dips. it's just those minor series of bumps that would bring about the noise. Could it be the shortened bump stops? cause when i did my shocks I saw that it's cracked and cutted. I already got the oem bump stop cause i was gonna replace it, but i want to see first if u guys can tell me if it's indeed the cause of the noise. Could it be the upper strut mount bearing? Or the shocks dust cover (i couldnt put it back cause the shaft of the bilsteins are larger..I couldnt fit the yellow plastic thing that hold the dust cover over it.) Any help would be much appreciated.

Dean

bump stops had been cutted...typo?? lol just messing with ya.

Cut bump stops should not cause any real noise unless your cars suspension is actually traveling the distance to hit them. and with the conditions you seem to me describing i cant see why you would be taking up the entire travel of the suspension unless these are some major bumps. assuming they are not, would check ALL of your bolts and make sure the are torqued down properly.

I will try that. Thanks. What are the chances it could be the side motor mounts? cause when i go over major bumps and potholes the suspension sounds like their doin their job. It sounds like a good thud.

i suppose its a possibility, but not very likely. to me it sounds more like the one the strut bolts. either the top one or the bottoms.

Back