6.5 Component speaker?

red306

:
2006 Mazda 3 S Touring
I am thinking about getting component speakers in the future in my car. I know that the sound is going to be better I just don't know how much better. Well there be alot more bass and are they hard to install?

Are you going to be running them off of your stock system? Do you have the bose or not? Most aftermarket speakers sound like they have less bass than stock because the stock speakers usually have exaggerated bass with hardly any treble. Also most factory stereos don't have enough power to properly drive decent aftermarket components, it usually takes an outboard amp to get them to their happy place. If you have bose the factory mids are 2 ohms so a 4ohm aftermarket set will get even less power from the bose amp. Sorry, not trying to sound like a downer but I've been there with previous cars and don't want you to be disappointed after spending your hard-earned cash. Plan on getting at least a small amp if you're getting component speakers. Then they will sound waaaay better than stock.

I don't have the bose systems. However the system I have has a the tweeters in the front doors. Would anyone know where I can get the bose amp adaptor plate for under the seat?

Back