double stroller in a Mazda5?

My wife and I are currently shopping for a minivan type vehicle because we are expecting twins and she is currently driving a Chevy Cobalt, which is going to be too small. We both really like the Mazda5 but I am worried that there wouldnt be enough space. Does anyone carry a double stroller in the back of their M5 with the 3rd row folded down? Is there still plenty of space for other things? Thanks...

Where are you Coolmazda5 ??

He can show you some pics.. what Mz5 is capable of...(thumb)

LOL, thanks man (should I feel proud or that means I'm just the space freak (freak)? ;))

Double stroller, haven't seen one (*yet* (shady)), but take a look of some pics here, it will give you an idea of how far you can push the diff seat configs in the Mazda5. Of course it is not Sienna/Odyssey/Freestar minivan space, but definitely more than a Cobalt...

http://www.mazdav.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123681816

The stroller pictured in the first post is a Graco like this one:
graco_quattro_tour_deluxe_travel_system_kendall_babiesrus_s1_.jpg

eeh, I'm gonna have to say that a double stroller is getting into dangerous territory with the 5. My full size graco single stroller fits just right front-back between the 2nd row of seats and the back gate... or side to side. I don't know that an inline twin stroller will fit behind the 2nd row... there's definitely good room back there but it's more of a cubed space than a long space.

I would highly recommend the 5 because it's a kick ass family hauler, but the best thing you can do is purchase the stroller now if you don't already have it, and take it with to the dealership and see if it'll fit to your liking. Best wishes and congrats on your upcoming double trouble :)

EDIT: I might take some of that back... you may have a chance at this working. I'm picturing to a few years ago when my brother and his wife had their twins in one of those LONG inline twin Graco strollers. Well looks like they have more compact twin strollers now

This is what I was picturing from years back...
Graco Duo Glider
102129DARIUS000.jpg

This is what they have out now, good bit shorter wheelbase... this might do the job nicely. Notice the rear seat is more stadium style rather than linear front to back.
Graco Quattro Tour Duo
102423IONIC0000.jpg

Last edited:
^^ Good stuff :D

I went to take some pics taking advantage of having the stroller loaded today. Yeah, jandree22 is right, it is tight (see attachments), but it might make it (just measure it and then head to the dealer, my wife took the measuring tape to the diff dealers, she looked weird as hell climbing around the cars in the showroom to measure, but hey, happy at last)

OK fine, I'm a space freak (shady)

Attachments

• mazda5_march_22_2008 004.jpg
    mazda5_march_22_2008 004.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,195
  • mazda5_march_22_2008 005.jpg
    mazda5_march_22_2008 005.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,353
  • mazda5_march_22_2008 006.jpg
    mazda5_march_22_2008 006.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 820
If I'd only taken pics...I had a double stroller crammed in the back once...I had to find the thinnest one possible tho... my wife and I went with a combi double tandem stroller ( folds like an umbrella stroller) we started taking out the new kid in it after 6 months. But if you're looking to put em in the carrier seats I'm not too sure it would work behind the third row...I ended up bending one of my old graco single stroller wheels behind there... what we've learned is that for the first half of the year the graco snugride was pretty convenient, then again we didn't have two at once...just a toddler and a new one...

My apologies for the lousy camera phone picture, I just took it real fast while loading up to go to easter festivities. This is a Graco Duo glide in the car in the most space-conserving manner I could find.

Attachments

• IMG00093.jpg
    IMG00093.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 1,657
very nice!!! Fits better than I originally thought it would! The Duo Glide is the stroller we have too. Thanks for the pic!!!

We also have a Graco Duo glide stroller and second Evan's pic for the fit. I will say that yesterday, with it starting to get warmer and the sun getting hotter, I put on the sunshade for the front seat. That shade, which is removable, increases the overall length of the stroller by about 4 inches, making it not fit in the way Evan pictures it. I had to take the shade off.

A minor inconvenience for a car with such flexibility. My wife and I have had our 5 now for 3+months and still love the versatility over our old sedan.

We also have a Graco Duo glide stroller and second Evan's pic for the fit. I will say that yesterday, with it starting to get warmer and the sun getting hotter, I put on the sunshade for the front seat. That shade, which is removable, increases the overall length of the stroller by about 4 inches, making it not fit in the way Evan pictures it. I had to take the shade off.

A minor inconvenience for a car with such flexibility. My wife and I have had our 5 now for 3+months and still love the versatility over our old sedan.

Ditto on the sunshade issue. Pops off and on real easy though so it's a nonissue for us as well. :D

My apologies for the lousy camera phone picture, I just took it real fast while loading up to go to easter festivities. This is a Graco Duo glide in the car in the most space-conserving manner I could find.

EXACTLY how we placed it in the trunk also. And yeah, the shade had to be removed, but it was no bid deal as it's really easy to do.

Don't worry I can even put a double width Chariot CTS in there wit lots of room for luggage :). That Mazda is wonderful for carrying things without the uglyness of a minivan lol.

Latest posts

Back