Pg Manifold Reference Point

ouch i have that intercooler and i was almost about to buy that manifold until i saw them pics is there a way to corret this even with a little bit taller silicone pipeing that is going to get way to hot at least i think so if a solution is found i will buy that manifold but until then ...

that is what we are doing for the current crop of customers, and the next batch we are getting is being redesigned to not have this issue. i have offered a different coupler to kyle (ms3guy) if he wants it.

it has nothing to do with the intercooler, it was a production variance on the manifold itself. some manifolds make slight contact, others do not. i'm altering the design of the manifold itself for the next run so there is much more generous clearance made on that runner.

geez captain do you ever sleep? no ones suposed to be up when im up i have a fun 3rd shift job. sorry im off topic.

There is no way the silicone can stand up to that even with a bit of header wrap. I would have a spare on hand at all times because I think that it would be ready to pop at any time after 10 minutes. I did see the header wrap pic also I just don't think that it is a fitting repair for the contact issue.

acutally i beg to differ i think it can. i accidently left one of my spare 4ply couplers in my engine bay one time and it sat on my turbo and manifold heat sheild for about a week. when i finally pulled it out the silicone was perfect. now the white stitching on the end had hardened and become brittle but the coupler it self was perfect.

acutally i beg to differ i think it can. i accidently left one of my spare 4ply couplers in my engine bay one time and it sat on my turbo and manifold heat sheild for about a week. when i finally pulled it out the silicone was perfect. now the white stitching on the end had hardened and become brittle but the coupler it self was perfect.

off topic, PMed you

Silicone is good to ~400F, but will age much more quickly at that kind of temp.
-enganear

im pretty sure the stocker with DP, new mani and intake would be good for 60+whp over stock...that car now should be ******* fast.

im pretty sure the stocker with DP, new mani and intake would be good for 60+whp over stock...that car now should be ******* fast.

That is exactly the combo I am going for (well with the addition of a Forge BPV) and plan on letting the market "froth" for a year or two prior to doing much more.

My concern is will I have to do something else to deal with fuel/boost cut with those mods...time will tell.

I'm assuming you took the downpipe off because you were replacing it at the same time? It's not necessary to take the downpipe off if you're just replacing the manifold, correct?

do NOT have to take the DP off for this. he did replace his DP though so that is why you see the pics with it off.

you really need to remove the valve cover to do this? That seems silly.

Some have, others have been able to get the stock manifold off with the cover still on. I think you can without pulling the valve cover, maybe a little bit more of a hassle?

you really need to remove the valve cover to do this? That seems silly.

on a speed6 no it can stay on
on a speed3 you cannot wedge it in there between the firewall and the valve cover, there is not enough room. if you were able to rock the engine sufficiently forward while someone else dropped it down in, perhaps. if it were silly and not beneficial i wouldn't have said to do it.

Some have, others have been able to get the stock manifold off with the cover still on. I think you can without pulling the valve cover, maybe a little bit more of a hassle?

MY PG manifold could not be installed without removing the valve cover; however, the stock manifold can be removed with the valve cover on.

Since the valve cover removal is one of the easiest parts of the install, I don't understand why people seem to try to avoid it. It literally takes 15 min to take on/off.

merritt check your US Mail box today and let me know if a 6x6x6 package arrives for you. pm me when that happens, thanks sir.

back on topic. yeah people seem real hesitant to removing the valve cover. it really isn't that big of a deal, honestly, and there is no harm in doing it. if you are worried about contaminants getting to the cams or valves, i would use a plastic sheet or lay flat an unopened trash bag over the exposed head. once the manifold is sitting down where it needs to be you can put the cover right back on. it really only needs to be off for a few minutes at most.

Back