door open = interior lights on

dropdeadYOU

:
03 Protege DX
So... when I open my driver's side door the interior lights don't come on. They come on for the passenger door just fine. Obviously theres something that detects that the door is open. I'm assuming its something near the hinge. Nothing seems to be stuck. Anyway is there some sort of switch or something electrical that needs to be replaced? A part number(s) would be highly appreciated

Is there a button low on the door near the rear of the door? That's normally where it is- but I can't say for sure since I haven't ever looked. I'd guess that the switch is either totally bad or just sticking.

the switch is going to be on the right of the door sill area when you open your door. there is one screw to take it out, loosen it, pull it out, then take a wire brush and scrub the bronze color metal on the side. Sometimes mine gets oxidized about once a year I have to clean it and then it works fine. Switches themselves, typically don't die, but it is possible.

same issue here, i guess the little switch gets stuck sometimes, but when i touch it with my finger, the light turns on, just have to take off the rubber and clean it i guess

the switch is going to be on the right of the door sill area when you open your door. there is one screw to take it out, loosen it, pull it out, then take a wire brush and scrub the bronze color metal on the side. Sometimes mine gets oxidized about once a year I have to clean it and then it works fine. Switches themselves, typically don't die, but it is possible.

Cool man, thanks I'll try that.
Off topic but I'm wondering how your rims are workin out for you. 18x7.5. Do you get any rubbing on the rear tires when hitting bumps/hard turns when you've got more weight in the car?

no they tuck pretty nicely up into the wheel wells when hitting bumps. The only time i have rubbing is say taking a sharp corner fast and there is a bump in the corner and makes the outside wheel go up and it hits the front fender a bit, never too bad though.

Yeah I pulled my switch off and the plastic piece that the door pushes in was snapped in half. So its either gonna be super glue or ordering a new one. sounds like MSP_rad is just having an oxidation issue though.

Back