Steering wheel not straight anymore 6100 Miles?

sierra248

Contributor
:
2007 MazdaSpeed3
I hate getting Alignments unless its a necessity, but my steering wheel is ever so slightly canted to the left, and it drives me crazy, were talking bout 2degrees or so...LOL, Anal I know. Is there a way without a full 4-wheel Alignment(I Drive very carefully over bumps and speed bumps and such, it should still be aligned.) to get the wheel straight. If not anyone know the best alignment racks they make nowadays? I drive Highway allot and hate a drifting car in the lane.
Tom

By the way, the reason I hate getting alignments on a car with 6K on it, is they usually get the wheel more screwed up then it is, and I never trust these guys to put it within specks. Plus there expensive, think a dealer will do one for me for free, car looks $$$$ right now.

When I bought mine I had the same problem, the wheel was tilted to the left when going straight. I just brought it back to the dealer and they did an alignment for free, which fixed the problem.

If its just the steering wheel that you think is off I don't see any need to do a full 4 wheel alignment. Just get the front done.

Unless you hit some giant holes / run into solid objects a lot the back tires probably aren't going to get out of spec that easily.

I have the same issue. Mine's tilting to the right a bit. I was told a 4 wheel alignment needs to be done on these cars. The rear needs to be done first and then the front.

I'm waiting until I take my snows off and will then have an alignment done.

I have over 18,000 miles on my ms3..I've never had an alignment and the funny thing is the car still drives straight like new..I had a 02 protege before and It wouldn't drive staight for more than a month after getting an alignment., no matter how careful I was. One thing I can't stand is when the alignment is off and with the ms3 I haven't had that problem ..its great

Having the wheel off-center like that is called "clear vision". There's actually a specification for it and it's closely monitored in assembly plants to make sure that vehicles leave the plant with the clear vision in spec. You can adjust it by tweaking the front toe on an alignment rack.

There are warranty calls for this rather frequently; just take the car in and say the wheel is off center, they'll tweak the front toe (don't know if a 4-wheel alignment will be needed) and you should be all set.

Yeah cause it tracks straight, the wheels just a degree or 2 off and it annoying. Gonna have them look at it next time I'm at dealer.

Back