Stolen solar lights

Donas64

:
2002 MP5
Last year, my wife and I put up solar lights along our walkway (6 of them) to give us some light when we got home late plus they looked nice. A few days ago, one went missing. Today, they were all stolen. All I recovered was a busted up one across the street. I'm a little upset but they are just lights so I'm not gunna get bent out of shape.

But does anyone know if there are any hardware components that are valuable to thieves in solar lights?

I will be filing a police report and also asking my neighbors if they have had similar incidences of theft or vandalism.

I will also be looking into a small security camera that saves images to my PC hard-drive. Any cheap suggestions?

Thanks.

the lights I made fun of? That sucks Donas, yeah prob kids, your car can be next since kids don't care about anything anymore.

that's crappy. I don't think there's anything really of value in them, just your cost.

I'd be looking for a neighbor with with a 5 light set-up.

Solar cells are essentially composed of silicon with a little bit of silver and/or palladium. I guess the most valuable element would be palladium but we are talking about very low concentrations and not that easy to remove either. Maybe someone just wanted the lights for themselves after taking one and seeing how they looked. People steel the stupidest things take for example emblems ripped off of cars what value does that have but people still do it.

you can get a home survailance kit w/ a few cameras and a hard drive recorder for a few hundred bucks if you shop around.

thanks for all the input guys. My neighborhood is generally very safe. There are a lot of kids of all ages but I have great neighbors and I can't figure out why someone would just trash my property. Like I said, I wanted to get real upset but I'm just going to chill. I filed a police report and they said they will send an extra patrol out for the next week or so during the night. Now the question is do I get replacement lights (with surveillance or without) or do I just get something that won't draw so much attention.

edit: the person who did this better hope I never lay eyes on them. My wife and I put a lot of hard work into trying to pretty up the front of the house.

some people just take thing to take them. or like my crazy neighbor in RI, you steal the neighbors lawn decorations to pretty up your own lawn....

till the neighbors see their decorations in their own lawn and call the cops.

lol seriously? How stupid can you be? hahahaha
some people just take thing to take them. or like my crazy neighbor in RI, you steal the neighbors lawn decorations to pretty up your own lawn....

till the neighbors see their decorations in their own lawn and call the cops.

yea i had some kids drive down my road and run over all the mail boxes, then about a month later my neighbors lights were tore up just like yours, then a few weeks later someone drove up the road and ripped the mail up in the mail boxes on my street. i myself have been worried about my car as well. i invested in a nice loud car alarm and some bright lighting outside by my car at night

x10.com is pretty cheap and works well.

my old coworkers upstairs neighbor was stealing his girls panties from the community washer and dryer so they had to catch him (he was a gym teacher), so they got the x10 stuff. good reviews.

Last year, my wife and I put up solar lights along our walkway (6 of them) to give us some light when we got home late plus they looked nice. A few days ago, one went missing. Today, they were all stolen. All I recovered was a busted up one across the street. I'm a little upset but they are just lights so I'm not gunna get bent out of shape.

But does anyone know if there are any hardware components that are valuable to thieves in solar lights?

I will be filing a police report and also asking my neighbors if they have had similar incidences of theft or vandalism.

I will also be looking into a small security camera that saves images to my PC hard-drive. Any cheap suggestions?

Thanks.

wtf? thats disgusting...
x10.com is pretty cheap and works well.

my old coworkers upstairs neighbor was stealing his girls panties from the community washer and dryer so they had to catch him (he was a gym teacher), so they got the x10 stuff. good reviews.

Back