High mileage club~!

Maintanance Quote

I got 76K miles

2002 Protege' 5
Normal Automatic (not triptronic)

Always been fully synthetic mobile one, purlator filters, air and oil. Just got the oil changed and air filter replaced, I supplied the filter, the mechanic the oil. $36

I got a quote to get my valve stem seals replaced, to fix my smoking a startup problem and a new timing belt. As well as a compression test, (no noticeable loss of power at this point) and new brakes. I'm on my second set of Bendix from my lifetime set deal from Advance(d), so I'm supplying those.

7 hrs total labor time @ $40hr.

breakout as follows

1hr brakes,

3hrs timing belt

3hrs valve stem seals

$280 in labor.

$100 parts
breakout

timing belt is $48.

valve stem seals were.....Cant remember.

I have a signed quote, this price ($380) seems VERY good.

my braked need replaced ASAP, so thats getting done next week.
After that I need new spark plug wires, the last time i replaced my plugs i pulled one of the boots apart getting it up out of my valve cover, i got it back together, and I would be getting a check engine light if it wasn't getting a good connection, I'm the only one who drives my car so id notice a misfire or stutter.

Its also due for a auto tranny fluid flush and filter replace.

Should i get the coolant flushed and replaced while I'm doing all this?

thanks everyone

-Tony

I just bought mine on March 7th, has 172,000 kms (107000 miles). Only drove it for the day, brought it to my mechanic and he said I'd be crazy not to buy it. All service records show no major work done to it.
Paid a very sweet price for it!

What about mods? anything done to our high mileage P5? I got a SRI, magnaflow muffler, HID, carbon fiber grill~! mine is a 02 auto~!

110K here, Origininal Everything except Alternator belt and spark plugs. Original Engine, Clutch, Tranny, et all. Still running very strong

I'm a bit behind you guys coming up on 85k soon, but I fully intend to drive 200k. Good to hear you guys are still running strong up in the mileage stratosphere!

My '02 MP5 just reached 254,000 miles. I have no major problems.

Nice!

I have 198,040 miles as of this morning. Lowered 2", 18" wheels, exhaust, intake, short shifter, bushings, and a few other mods. Runs fantastic, no issues ever. Great car.

That 254k is mostly interstate driving. Everything is all stock (I have a small daughter so mods will have to wait). All repairs have been wear n tear with nothing major(tires, brakes, plugs, ign. coils, belts ). I do it all myself so i can keep a close eye on anything that my soon have problems.

Back