POLL: Mazdaspeed3 or RX8 wheels?

SkidMark

:
2007 Mazda 5 Touring
Not sure which set to run... your opinion? (uhm)

Mazdaspeed3 rims with 215/45R tires

CIMG4629Large.jpg

CIMG4620Large.jpg

CIMG4628Large.jpg

RX-8 rims with 215/35ZR tires

CIMG4811Large.jpg

CIMG4809Large.jpg

CIMG4810Large.jpg

The RX8 wheels are wider? They look like they are pulling the tires out at the rim.

18x8 +50mm vs 18x7 52.5mm. Very mild stretch. I may add spacers to the rear to flush the rims with the fenders.

So far one vote for RX-8 wheels... thanks!

Oh man, tough question. 50.1% MAZDASPEED3s, 49.9% RX-8s? (nervous)

or option 2:

MAZDASPEED3s: Spring and Summer
RX-8s: Fall and Winter

Crap, I'm useless...

I love both though I'd prefer the RX8 rims.

But being the practical bloke that I am, I'd still prefer the 16" rims of my GS, cheaper tires, more comfortable ride. We don't have nice smooth roads here in Winnipeg. You could hear and feel the clop, clop, clop of the road joints even with the 16"s.

The MazdaSpeed3 Wheels look way better imho. The Rx8 rims are nice but just look weird in the rear wheel wells. Though those Rx8 rims would look really cool with some matched white calipers...

The MazdaSpeed3 Wheels look way better imho. The Rx8 rims are nice but just look weird in the rear wheel wells. Though those Rx8 rims would look really cool with some matched white calipers...

Negative camber creating the sunken in look (notcool)

I'll do some measuring and throw on some spacers. The 8mm spacers I have won't allow the center bore of the wheels to make hubcentric contact. I'm thinking maybe 20-25mm bolt on spacers? Then rolling fenders as needed.

RX8 look much better with the MZ5 lower

Normally I'd say RX-8 without thinking twice, but with your drop, the MS3 rims start looking more fitting for some reason. But you can't go wrong, just flip a coin :D

I never particularly liked either wheel, though I don't really like any stock mazda wheels. But I have to admit I like the rx8 wheel better on your car...but I'm not sure if it's because they have that gangster-looking stretch to them or not.

FWIW, I posted your car on another forum I'm on the other day cuz I liked the drop and everyone on there (it's not a mazda board) thought you had stock wheels.

I like the RX-8 wheels better, the MS3 wheel make your car look too stock.
+1

The RX8 look a lot more "sporty"
Both look good, so I guess it depends on what kind of lok you are going for.

Back