Air condition - strange behavior

minaka

Hi,

Based on the complaints of my wife (sitting usually on the front passenger seat) I have played with the air condition system of my CX-9 recently and wanted to ask whether someone would have similar experience.

Irrespective of whether we use normal mode or dual, the air going from right main vent (above the navigation display) is a way warmer than the air going from the left one. This is even more confusing when we use the dual mode and I have e.g. 22 degrees Celsius and my wife wants to have e.g. 19. Even in this situation, the right vent produces quite warm air...

The same seems the happen with the floor vents when we select the air flow to the feet.

Finally, the rear air condition systems seems to live its own life :), it usually produces quite cold air irrespective of what temperature is selected either at the front panel or directly at the rear panel.

Is it a faulty behavior or does anyone have similar experience?

Thank you for your answers.

Best regards,

O.

(uhm)I have noticed when the system is NOT on auto, that it will switch from floor to vent to defrost? it's not suppose to auto switch when it's in a manually selected mode??

I thought you had to turn off the rear control so that the rear would run at the same setting as the driver.(shrug)

As regards the rear vents, I have read in a different thread on this forum that it is suposed to produce only cold air as there is no heating unit in the rear vents. Allegedly, hot air should be sent to the second row seats only through the floor vents...

As regards the front vents in the middle, I am really confused. The right vent produces only hot air irrespective of what mode is selected. Owners of Mazda5 say that you can play with the hot/cold mix by moving certain black plastic sleeve on a metal line located undre the glove box. Any experiences from CX-9 owners?

Thank you.

O.

As regards the rear vents, I have read in a different thread on this forum that it is suposed to produce only cold air as there is no heating unit in the rear vents. Allegedly, hot air should be sent to the second row seats only through the floor vents...

As regards the front vents in the middle, I am really confused. The right vent produces only hot air irrespective of what mode is selected. Owners of Mazda5 say that you can play with the hot/cold mix by moving certain black plastic sleeve on a metal line located undre the glove box. Any experiences from CX-9 owners?

Thank you.

O.

I picked up my CX-9 a few days ago. When the sales person was explaining all the HVAC features she mentioned the air conditioning / cool air comes out the top vent and heat out the bottom vents. Explanation being heat rises so the rear passengers got heat to their feet.

go to the dealer there is a tsb for air mode actuators not working correctly on passenger side. PM me and i could look up the TSB on mazda service support for you to take to your dealer

maybe you need to read your owners manual to see how this kind of stuff works. You don't know how annoying it is for techs to get cars in for stupid complaints when there is nothing wrong. When all you need to do is read your owners manual, that will solve almost 90% of peoples problems with their new cars

maybe you need to read your owners manual to see how this kind of stuff works. You don't know how annoying it is for techs to get cars in for stupid complaints when there is nothing wrong. When all you need to do is read your owners manual, that will solve almost 90% of peoples problems with their new cars

OUCH! (gun)

Yeh, I noticed the airflow top vs. bottom in my CX-9. I opened the manual and found that handy section that has the little airflow arrows telling you how the air will flow for hot vs. cold.

Back