!@#$%^&*!!!

$chocker

:
2006 Mazda5 Sport 5sp
While driving my 5 on the highway today, I was about 50 feet behind a Mazda 3 (I was also one lane to the left) that suddenly launched a somewhat large, solid chunk of snow off its roof. The chunk of snow came straight at me, striking the 5 on the right side of the hood just above the inside corner of the headlight. Hard.

I followed the 3 and parked right next to it at a ski center. I got out and quickly looked at the hood before the 3's driver got out; my blood began to boil as I noticed that there was a "depression" about a foot in diameter where the snow hit.

What did I do then, you might ask? Not much, because that driver was my WIFE. I had been following her to the ski area to check out a tubing park for our 4 year old son, and we were going separate ways after that.

Was I angry with her for leaving the friggin' snow on the car? Nah. Because I was the a-hole who cleaned (didn't clean?) the snow off.

I feel like hanging myself; or at least chopping off my own balls...

Last edited:
I used to live in Mass. One of my biggest pet peeves was folks not cleaning the snow off the car before driving. I snapped this picture years ago. What a tool.

Sorry bought the damage. Don't cut your balls off though... It's just a car. :D

Attachments

• Feb02_01.jpg
    Feb02_01.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 202
Sucks, but lesson learned, eh? PA recently passed a new law, where if a snow/ice chunk flies off the roof of your car and strikes a car behind you, injuring or killing the occupant(s), you will be held criminally responsible. I think it’s a good law, takes a minute to brush it off.

All that being said, I’m at least glad to hear nobody was injured… a windshield strike would’ve been ugly.

that sucks dude, just imagine how she feels about it... :(
I was playing where will the ice land, up here 2 weekends ago while I was coming back from the junk yard. its crazy how the flight is so unpredicatable. Coming off the roof of a semi trailer.

PA recently passed a new law, where if a snow/ice chunk flies off the roof of your car and strikes a car behind you, injuring or killing the occupant(s), you will be held criminally responsible. I think its a good law, takes a minute to brush it off.

All that being said, Im at least glad to hear nobody was injured a windshield strike wouldve been ugly.

This law came about because of an incident in Easton PA, (close to where I grew up) about 2 years ago on Christmas. A car was following a semi-truck down a 2 lane road and a large sheet of ice came off the top of the truck, came through the windshield, decapatating the front two passengers and orphaning their kids in the backseat. It was a terrible story, but now we got a good law out of it...

That sucks man....well told story, I thought it was going to come to blows...lol.

people not properly cleaning their cars off was my biggest pet peeve when I lived in the snow areas. It's not that much harder to take a couple quick swipes off the top of your car and so much safer. I remember that story coming out in PA. My mom showed it to me and said something to the effect of, "See, I'm not worried about your ability and competence as a driver, I'm worried about all the other people out there."

My mom showed it to me and said something to the effect of, "See, I'm not worried about your ability and competence as a driver, I'm worried about all the other people out there."
My parents pounded the same exact thing into my head I dont know how many times when I started driving my dad emphasized the point when I was considering a motorcycle. (Now that Im a dad, kiss that one goodbye forever, lol)

Dang, good thing everyone is all right...

Sucks, but lesson learned, eh? PA recently passed a new law, where if a snow/ice chunk flies off the roof of your car and strikes a car behind you, injuring or killing the occupant(s), you will be held criminally responsible. I think it’s a good law, takes a minute to brush it off.

Good to know. I hate the friggin' trucks when you are behind them while merging into the highway after a snow day. the "HOW AM I DRIVING? number hears me...

BTW, Why they don't also pass the one to ban driving while on a cell phone, like New Jersey did recently? (braindead

Think of it as a battle scar. My MZ5 had an ugly gash in left front wheel. when daughter hit the curb. The underside of the side sill also has a long deep scratch as it glided over an island (my mistake). Each dent/scratch tells a story. there is also a long scratch under the rear spoiler.. when I was scraping the ice/snow and the scraper touched the underside of spoiler.

The worst are the dents that you don't get to know when, or how it happened or 'who did it'. You try to convince yourself that it must be at the supermarket parking lot. But you'll never be sure. lolz. They stay on the paint finish like orphans.. You wait till their number increases and then it will be worth it to visit the 'dent clinic'.

I haven't had it looked at yet...I am hoping that a PDR shop can make it look good.

Also, just as an explanation, the snow on the 3 had melted somewhat the day before and re-frozen overnight. It was kind of like the texture of styrofoam (but heavier, of course). I got the snow on the windshield and back window off along with the stuff on the hood and trunk; I was able to break the crust of frozen snow by stabbing it with my scraper over the windshield and back window.

The stuff on the roof, however, was an Island; completely unconnected to the stuff on the windows. It wouldn't budge, and I'll be damned if I was going to start stabbing at that snow over the roof.

Sometimes, ya just can't win.

Back