DIY Boost Gauge @ centre vent... what do u think?

yelomp5

:
07 Mazdaspeed 6
Mounted a 60mm STRI DSD-SLM II Boost Gauge in the centre vent, what do you guys think?

The STRI doesn't look like it can withstand extreme cold weather in Canada.. when it's negative 10C ambient, the needle will be all over
the place when car starts.....but will return to normal once car is
warmed up, and restart motor.....(sad2)

anywayz...

Pictures taken under moderate lightings..
resizeofdsc00005rc2.jpg

resizeofdsc00007ol2.jpg

resizeofdsc00008kz2.jpg

Pictures taken indoor
resizeofdsc00009tz0.jpg

resizeofdsc00020sl9.jpg

Pictures when it's off
resizeofdsc00028an0.jpg

resizeofdsc00029ek4.jpg

how to here.....<<http://www2.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3707229#post3707229>>

Last edited:
is that a USB Port for your music ??? If so can i get one , or for canada folk only ?? hehe still tits man

yelo, it looks awesome. I'm looking at picking up a Speed6, and will probably do the exact same install (except I think with a Defi gauge). As another Torontonian, how did you find it this winter? Were you out in those two extreme dumps we had? Any problems getting stuck?

is that a USB Port for your music ??? If so can i get one , or for canada folk only ?? hehe still tits man

lol i asked him the same thing

here, you guys can visit this link here for more info....
http://forum.torontomazda6.com/viewtopic.php?t=281

yelo, it looks awesome. I'm looking at picking up a Speed6, and will probably do the exact same install (except I think with a Defi gauge). As another Torontonian, how did you find it this winter? Were you out in those two extreme dumps we had? Any problems getting stuck?

I have never gotten stuck w/ this car, i'm ridin' OEM Wheels w/ pirelli PZero Nero M+S All-season tires, got the dealership to swap out the OEM Potenza....since the tire wear is really really bad....and i run a CAI all year long w/o any problem

i know there is one unit in Scarboro mazda, and someone local is lookin' at a lease take over on his GT for mid $500ish/month....w/ 36month left

when you get a MS6 or MZ6, please visit us in www.torontomazda6.com!

Last edited:
That's great to know, thanks a lot. and I'm checking out the site right now, I'll be all over it if I get one! I'm actually going to try to get out tomorrow to test drive one. End derail (sorry).

PS, the gauge really does look awesome. Getting back to your topic, 1) does the STRI match the factory gauges? And 2) did you buy it locally or online?

Last edited:
That's great to know, thanks a lot. and I'm checking out the site right now, I'll be all over it if I get one! I'm actually going to try to get out tomorrow to test drive one. End derail (sorry).

PS, the gauge really does look awesome. Getting back to your topic, 1) does the STRI match the factory gauges? And 2) did you buy it locally or online?

I'm not sure if you can test drive one now, cuz they are ridin' OEM potenza summer tires, and it's not safe drivin' w/ the potenza, and
you are puttin' urself in great danger. those potenza are hard like a hockey puck!

this is the guy who is lookin' for someone to take over his lease...
http://www.toprotege.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39280

the STRI gauge is not 100% LED colour match to OEM, but it's 90-95% close.....the STRI gauge is a-litter redder than OEM redish-orangee light.
i bought the gauge locally, from the toronto subaru forum GB, for $150...
however, there is a sponsor in the toronto mazda6 club called NEXTMOD,
that also carries this brand and other brands.

Thanks Yelo, I really appreciate all the help. If I do have a drive tonight I won't be driving it hard, especially if it's raining, since I haven't driven stick in years. This is more to get a little bit of a feel for the car, and to see if I can fit in comfortably (I'm 6' 4 or so). I may be importing one from the states if things go well. And now I'll have to figure out if I want to stick with the Defi, or try the STRI out!

Thanks Yelo, I really appreciate all the help. If I do have a drive tonight I won't be driving it hard, especially if it's raining, since I haven't driven stick in years. This is more to get a little bit of a feel for the car, and to see if I can fit in comfortably (I'm 6' 4 or so). I may be importing one from the states if things go well. And now I'll have to figure out if I want to stick with the Defi, or try the STRI out!

IMO, go defi if you are doin' multiple of gauges...or unless you are a
defi fan...and willin' to drop +$200 CAD for 1 unit...

Like i've mentioned in my first post, the STRI sensor will screw up under extreme cold, but once the car is warmed up, and you restart the car...
it will go back to normal....j/ PITA...

I'm 6'4 too and i have no trouble in mine, lots of room, no need to even have the seat right back

I'm 6'4 too and i have no trouble in mine, lots of room, no need to even have the seat right back

Yeah, I found that on my test drive, it was great! I'm going to test a few more, and hope to be picking one of these up in the next month or so. Thanks Drover.

Back