What have you done to your Mazda3 today?

Keepin it OE and runs great -- 150K-miles+ 2010 2.5-GT HB - a solid year that I have no problem investing in when things need attention --- so far not much, except reg maintenance - new TCM , New rear wheel bearings , New Valve cover gasket , one " nagare" front light fillament , all new front struts & rear shocks - all OE - always replacing random little things like plastic Fastners , screw on aircraft type bolts under car and on firewall - nick nack stuff --having factory timing chain , led lights and stainless steel exhaust mani -- make a massive difference in longevity - built 2 last !

Blasted down a bunch of unimproved roads.
View attachment 321219View attachment 321220
Sold this recently. Kinda regret it - just don't think there's anything out there (US) that's this affordable, fun, reliable and economical! Barely got above 3000 RPM in this video clip, and it was throwing gravel and rocks up against the mud guards and breaking traction, was a lot of fun!
20230514_181745.jpg

Last Saturday I took advantage of the sunshine and mid-40 degree temps to brush the headlights as they were hazy and the light output was decreased. I used some Colgate with peroxide and an old toothbrush to scrub them good. Then I sprayed them down with warm water and wiped them dry with paper towels. After that, I applied some wax to hopefully get me through the winter months. They are not perfect but much better than when I started.

Fitted a Nextbase dashcam ... well almost fitted it, discovered that Nextbase don't supply the required connector to hard wire in to the low profile mini fuse box of the Mazda, got one on order so hopefully sorted soon.

UPDATE 24/02/24 - Dashcam now fully installed and set up, wind deflectors installed, rubber mats in and Connect firmware updated to latest ready to fit Android Auto USB sockets.
Why don't Mazda sell rubber mats to fit the BN?

What have I done today... something I've never done with it in the 14 years I've owned it... I retired it. Bought with 43k miles in 2010. It's got 244k on it now and unfortunately suffering from some bad cancer. Such a great damn car. Made lifelong memories with it.

Back