What have you done to your Mazda3 today?

I re did some work I did on the interior cause the first time I didnt put enough adhesive on. Looks much much better now. Tomorrow will prolly wash it and rotate my wheels.

lastnight coming from the club I blow out my rear tire and it was brand new!!!. :( Got the tire replaced this morning. $120 for a brand new tire!!!! I'm soooo pissed off right now!

i installed a pioneer double din dvd player,ran an 8 gauge power wire,remote wire,rca's,installed a nice amp and 2 10 inch subs in two boxes,and upgraded my mids and highs with 3 way jvc speakers-front and rear doors.can you say(sounds a hell of alot better than stock?????(bike)

Painted Calipers

Actually done 3 weeks ago but I just got around to taking pics:

CIMG1425.jpg

CIMG1422.jpg
[/IMG]

Used G2 kit. Did each caliper separately, as I only had a floor jack (i.e. two day project). Worth the pain(t), though. (breakn)

They look NIIICCCCEEEE, Man!!! Taking your time really paid off, IMO.
Beautiful job!!
I need a G2 for mine. The Dupli-Color stuff chips and I get tired of the touch-ups all the time. That stuff should last 5-6 years between touch-ups.

Thanks for the compliment. I found that the G2 system was pretty user friendly, except for having to evenly divide the activator and paint to mix different batches. I did that very carefully. I didn't want the stuff drying up before I got to the last wheel. Also, taking your time to do a good job taping parts you don't want painted is also key. I got a couple tiny specs on the black part of the brake on the rear, but I was able to scrape it off quickly.

I hope it holds up. I only did 2 coats on each caliper. So far, so good. I do have extra activator and paint in case I need to do some touch up work. However, there is a shelf life on the paint.

That looks really good, wolverine!
I keep putting this off (i have the decals, i'm just lazy) until I do my next major brake job.

This has been a work in progress but I finally have a panel complete, from laying the fiberglass to paint to install. The gauges are just for test fitting and not what I will actually install. I need to make a few minor adjustments still but tell me what you think, I'm considering doing this in carbon fiber as well. I will have extras for sale if anyone wants them...:D
IMG_3576.jpg

IMG_3575.jpg

Last edited:
Replaced my stock Toyo Proxes with brand new Toyo Proxes 4's the other day when I had it in at the dealer and they told me my road vibration was my tires badly worn on the inside.

They remind me a little of the old VW GTI gauges, which were mounted too low to really use. My feeling is that you'll never use them there because they will destract you too long from looking at the road.
I'd mount them much higher as I did mine. On the dash or an "A" pillar mount.
It's a bad picture as I wasn't focusing on the gauges when I ook it, but like this:

20061015_0049W.jpg

Just my .02.

If you're turbocharging your motor, this isn't the greatest place to mount gauges. I don't smoke and have no use for the ashtray so I decided I wanted to mount a set of gauges there. I'll only need to glance at them after each auto-x run and I only do a few track days a year so this is nice and clean. This panel was pretty popular on another forum but the guy who was making them stopped so I decided I would pick up where he left off.
The center dash vent mount is my next project just to see what I can do.

hmm let me c i havent done s**t to my 3 bc im out of town workiin the whole summer :( i def. miss my 3! im drivin my brothers Chevy Colorado 5speed single cab. non reclining bucket seat that are gettin annoyin and unconfortaable and to top it off a stiff ass clutch! damn i miss the 3! one month down. 2 more to go!
good new is that im not puttin a bunch of miles on it like i am with the trcuk (one month 3,xxx) chea...

Installed the Balance Shaft Delete Kit and did the Monzta's Timing Mod. What a day...

installed the BuddyClub Condensor

Nightshades on the tail lights.... too poor for films right now and already had a can in the garage. mod = free ftw!!

Back