Wtb- Mp3 Steering Rack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dpwhitehead1

Damian
Contributor
:
MSP 1145
not sure, might get a remanned one... but i'm just thinking about it. evidently the mp3 sr is supposed to be a bit tighter w/ turns and such...

actually, the MP3 rack has a slower ratio than the ES / Pro5. i would have to search them out, but the ratios are listed somewhere on the forum.

actually, the MP3 rack has a slower ratio than the ES / Pro5. i would have to search them out, but the ratios are listed somewhere on the forum.

well i have an LX steering rack.. i'm trying to upgrade while i have mine out of the car.... ideas? what do you mean by slower? that seems like it would be a tighter turn...

like the ES is something around 15:1 and the MP3 is like 15.5:1 (or something like that)

i have no idea how the LX rack fits in there. let me check my parts guide to see if there is a difference....

From ProtegeGarage:

MP3/European Steering Rack - Protege
SHIPPING DEPENDENT ON LOCATION. Features tighter control and less turns lock to lock than the stock rack. An upgrade for Proteges, Protege5s and Mazdaspeed Proteges. Gives you much tighter and more responsive steering which equals better performance and handling on or off the street. Price listed is for new part. We offer used/reman racks for a greatly reduced price as well.
$649.95

You should contact them to see what kind of price they would give you for a used one.

not worth it..gotcha.. that sucks.. i am replacing mine to begin w/...just strictly due to the mileage... we'll see.

If you are looking for a used one, call this place:

John Wagner & Sons Foreign
City, State, Zip: Harmony, Pennsylvania
Phone: 724-368-8831

They had two MP3s last time I was there. One was a burn job, the other I grabbed the ECU from it. And whatever price they give you, negotiate!

Sorry to threadjack, but any chance those guys have some GOOD LOOKING MP3 badges? Mine are kinda FUBAR'ed

I'm aware (mind you he said he didn't have any last time I talked to him). However I'm looking for an even better deal :p
/end threadjack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back