MS3 Hood Lifts

I was looking at the hoodlifts available from redline tuning and I've heard that after the installation of these lifts your hood does not sit flush with the body. Is this true, and if so could it pose a problem with the intake not sitting flush against the tmic?

I have no problem with mine. You have to be careful during the installation because the hood brackets and the fender brackets are different, but it is hard to tell. If you get them reversed, the hood doesn't close right.

i was checking out the website, whats the justification of $50 price hike from standard to extreme versions?

Not a MS3 but you get the idea.

these are the extreme versions.
hoodlift.jpg

hootlift2.jpg

Install is made a ton simpler with a 90deg drill.

There tech support is great also.

Here you have some nice photos.

Mazda_3_hood_set_up.jpg

Mazda_3_hood_set_up_002.jpg

Mazda_3_hood_set_up_001.jpg

I was looking at the hoodlifts available from redline tuning and I've heard that after the installation of these lifts your hood does not sit flush with the body. Is this true, and if so could it pose a problem with the intake not sitting flush against the tmic?

Thanks for all the input, the pics are also really appreciated. I am going to go ahead and order them. I wish the extreme versions came in black as well but o well.

I have no problem with mine. You have to be careful during the installation because the hood brackets and the fender brackets are different, but it is hard to tell. If you get them reversed, the hood doesn't close right.

front brackets are the low profile ones and the rear are the taller bulkier ones correct?

ive had mine since thanksgiving I still have not installed them.

hum it connect different on the 3. with the eclipse it used the stock mounting point for the hood so I only had to pop rivet to the fender.

front brackets are the low profile ones and the rear are the taller bulkier ones correct?

ive had mine since thanksgiving I still have not installed them.
Unfortunately I don't remember the specifics. This was the first mod to my car, done the afternoon it was delivered, over a year ago. Just read the instructions carefully.

Back