extended warranty on 08 MS3

cobia

Newbie here, first post.

Picking up a 08 MS3 GT tomorrow morning from the dealer. I drive a boat load of miles for work Coming out of a 04 Mazda 6 that had 137,000 miles on it, it was like the blues mobile at the end of the chase, things were falling apart..

At any rate, I think I got a fair price for the new MS3 and had them add in an extended 60 month / 100,000 mile warranty. I think it added an additional $1700 to the total cost. It never occurred to me that there might be other options for extended warranties or something else all together. I know I'm going to rack up the miles on this car so it's worth it for me.

Question is does $1700 for the extended warranty sound ok, or am I getting bent over?

Thanks for any advice.

After a little more searching I think I found the answer.. http://www.authorizedfordwarranties.com/cgi-bin/WebStore/indexNZ.cgi/layout=MAZ/source=MazdaSpeed_Mazda3/gl=MAZDAgroup3A.html

Last edited:
I found some good resources after discovering the search function!

Looks like they are bending me over quite a bit..

Stock Warranty is fine...3yr 36,000 mile bumper to bumper and 5 Year 60,000 mile powertrain warranty I believe. If you swap cars out every 3-4 years there's no need for an extended warranty...plus if you mod you'll be out an extra $1,700 bucks...hold on to the cash and use it on a CAI, new rims/tires, and exhaust.

Newbie here, first post.

Picking up a 08 MS3 GT tomorrow morning from the dealer. I drive a boat load of miles for work Coming out of a 04 Mazda 6 that had 137,000 miles on it, it was like the blues mobile at the end of the chase, things were falling apart..

At any rate, I think I got a fair price for the new MS3 and had them add in an extended 60 month / 100,000 mile warranty. I think it added an additional $1700 to the total cost. It never occurred to me that there might be other options for extended warranties or something else all together. I know I'm going to rack up the miles on this car so it's worth it for me.

Question is does $1700 for the extended warranty sound ok, or am I getting bent over?

Thanks for any advice.

After a little more searching I think I found the answer.. http://www.authorizedfordwarranties.com/cgi-bin/WebStore/indexNZ.cgi/layout=MAZ/source=MazdaSpeed_Mazda3/gl=MAZDAgroup3A.html

I got my 72/100 for 1700.....

Stock Warranty is fine...3yr 36,000 mile bumper to bumper and 5 Year 60,000 mile powertrain warranty I believe. If you swap cars out every 3-4 years there's no need for an extended warranty...plus if you mod you'll be out an extra $1,700 bucks...hold on to the cash and use it on a CAI, new rims/tires, and exhaust.

well everyone isn't swapping cars every 3-4 years. your acting like a finance is a lease........

well everyone isn't swapping cars every 3-4 years. your acting like a finance is a lease........

not really if you look at the original post on this thread, the guy has an 04 that he is trading in. look at the pattern. he IS replacing cars every 3-4 years

not really if you look at the original post on this thread, the guy has an 04 that he is trading in. look at the pattern. he IS replacing cars every 3-4 years

And im saying everyone isn't putting 137k on there car in 4-5 years... and anyway if thats the case hes supposed to get an extended warranty. The guy i responding to is acting like the factory warranty is good enough for a person like him when it isn't.......

I declined the extended warranty for now. The dealer said they would match anything I found online which was basically $1067 from the link above. I told them I would come back in a year or so and purchase from them. They said no problem, even at that price.. Overall very smooth transaction. Sentry Mazda in MA was pleasant to work with.

Thanks for the feedback.

R

honestly you'll be better off not taking the warranty. simply because if you do anything to make your car "not stock" and your dealing with a third party company, you wont get s*** covered. PERIOD, dont take it.

The Way I Look At It Is. After A Little Bit And Your Turbo Blows Up Like Some Have Done Its Covered! And U Saved 2 Gs Over The 1700 Upfront So It Works Out! Thye Just Put A Motor In Mine Under Warrenty. 7100 Bucks So Only Image What It Would Cost Not Under Warrenty

wait till some one blows a window motor or some electric object after the 36 is up and watch them cry. Its happened to me once never again. i'll take the extended thank you i put to many miles on my car and break too much random stuff to not have one.

the only extended warranty to EVER get is Mazda's MEPP... do NOT get that aftermarket bulls***! you get screwed!

There's really 3 extended warranties AFAIK:

-official Mazda one
-dealer offered
-3rd party offered

The dealer offered is the worst in my opinion since you are forced to always go to that dealer to claim on it. What if the dealer folds? Gets bought out? What if you're out of state?

The third party ones seem okay, since they work at any dealer and have a low deductible. The big one is US Warranty Corp. I think I paid $1000 for that -- basically stretches the bumper-to-bumper out to the same 5 yr/60,000 that's on the motor, gives me some additional things like roadside assistance, rental car, etc.

Back