Turn Signal/Flasher Problem HELP!!!!

scooby419

:
02 Protege 5
So I am at a complete loss of what to do. One day I came out to my car after work and had no flashing lights when I unlocked the car. (My car was working perfectly when I drove it there in the morning) Come to find out that I have no turn signals, no hazard lights, no relay clicking noise, and no turn signal indicators in my instrument cluster working.(bang) I assume that it is just a blown fuse. I knew it couldn't be that easy. It wasn't. I checked all the fuses under the hood and under the dash. I checked all of the bulbs to make sure that wasn't the issue. I finally ordered a new turn signal/flasher relay. That wasn't the problem either! My parking lights still work in the front BTW. Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated!! Is there something that I am overlooking?

Last edited:
Loose wiring.
Check all connections and look for fried wiring harness. It should have been protected by the fuse but you never know. Look to replace any other relays you have for lights as well. Sometimes they work in tandem to relay the entire car. Also check that your signal stalk isn't faulty.

This is going to be one of those projects that take forever! Thanks for the quick response! I wasn't sure if I would lose the hazard lights if the stalk was bad. I guess I had already eliminated that out of the equation. Now if I could just get some time to work on this thing!

I'm having the exact same problem with my 2006 mazda 5 sport (but only with the front flashers).

I tried the fuses and replaced the amber bulbs with no joy. I'm not sure about relays but sounds like an expensive waste of money if that's not the issue.

sounds to me like it's the turn signal switch on both cars. might want to check that out.

Back