Glass Scratched

wolverine_man

:
2008 Mazda3 S GT Sedan
Hey everyone,

It was nice here yesterday (today freezing rain) so I decided to clean up my car pretty good. When I was all done, I noticed that my driver's side rear window had a long deep horizontal scratch in it. It was deep enough that I could feel it with my finger nail. It is the only scratch I have on my glass. Now, I do wash my car at the quarter wash, but I am always extremely careful to pressure spray all of the debris out of the brush and I don't scrub very hard. I am thinking this might be vandalism. What do you guys (and gals) think? Any experience with the glass scratching very easily?

road debris? i would not think vandalism first unless you had a reason to honestly.

I just don't see how road debris could cause such a deep scratch on the side of my vehicle. I could see perhaps the windshield, but the rear side window? It's deep enough to feel with my fingernail.

maybe a rock or something was thrown at it? and bounced off, do u have any enemies? if not its prolly just haters

it could be vandalism where someone walked by with a key, or maybe the brush wasn't completely clean when you washed it. not much you can do about it besides getting it replaced.

you can prob get it buffed out by a product/chemical called cerium oxide and cotton buffing wheels (felt). Companies use that to polish jewlery like diamond and lots of different stones; google it....my side mirror shattered onto my drivers side window and i have scratches i will be getting this and going to see if it can be buffed out.

Back